9

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘴' 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

I grabbed and aspirin and swallowed it with the water in the glass. I groaned and put my hand on my head. I had my dark shades on, even the little light that came in the hotel room was way too much for me to handle. I had a white towel wrapped around my waist and my hair was wet. I'd just taken a shower to wake myself up after staring at the floor for about an hour.

Clara had gone out earlier to walk around the city. I decided to stay in, I was way too hungover to even step out of the hotel room.

I threw myself on the bed and looked at the ceiling. I sighed and put my arm over my eyes remembering everything I did and said last night.

"Oh, I get it now. You pity fucked him, didn't you? That's what you do."

I remembered her face dropping and her teary eyes. I'd crossed the line. The last time I did that she punched me, but we were kids, it's different now that we're adults. It's different now that we had something and I destroyed it.

I needed to talk to her.

My phone rang and I groaned. I reached out to grab it from the nightstand.

It was Silvia.

"Oh no." I muttered when I saw her name on the screen. I answered and put the phone on my ear waiting for her voice to scold me.

"Charles, what in the world did you do yesterday? There's articles, bad ones, really bad ones." I heard her shuffle around, she was clearly mad.

"Hello Silvia." I closed my eyes and forced a smile even though she couldn't see me.

"Elodie Bennet threw her drink at you and you got in a fight with Max?" She raised her voice confused, she probably just found out. "You had something with Elodie not long ago and you have a girlfriend now. This isn't good for your image Charles." She stated the obvious.

"I know Silvia. I'm sorry." I sighed passing my hand through my hair and fixing my dark shades.

"You can't be doing this things, Charles. You're an F1 driver and an adult. You can't be acting like a child." She scolded me and I pursed my lips, not saying anything. "They're gonna ask you questions. You have to answer maturely, can you promise me that?"

"Of course." I replied and I heard her sigh.

"I'll let you rest. You're probably hungover." She spoke and I chuckled softly.

"Thanks Silvia."

"Take care."

I hung up and sighed, throwing the phone on the bed. I didn't even wanted to look at any social media. They're probably bashing me so bad right now.

I probably deserve it.

[...]

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

"F1 love triangle. The monagesque model, Elodie Bennet, rumored to be dating Max Verstappen was spotted in a bar fighting with Charles Leclerc. They were rumored to be dating a few months ago." I read the article and looked at Margot.

"Okay, it's not that bad." She raised her eyebrows and shrugged.

"The Devil in Disguise. Famous model Elodie Bennet leading on two F1 drivers?" I read and raised my eyebrows.

"Maybe you should stop reading online articles." She grabbed my phone and turned it off. I fidgeted with my rings and looked down. "Hey, who cares what some losers on the internet have to say?" She tried comforting me and I sighed.