4

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

I walked in the paddock. The sun was shining brightly. I pushed my dark shades up the bridge of my nose and smiled taking a deep breath of fresh air. I was wearing a baby blue sundress on with some white converse.

I was gonna watch the sprint from the McLaren pit box. Margot was probably already there. I felt weirdly happy. Maybe it was the conversation I had with Charles yesterday.

"Elodie! Elodie! Can I get an autograph?" I heard a voice and turned around. I saw a little girl looking up at me with a smile.

I looked at her fondly and kneeled down.

"Of course." I smiled brightly and grabbed her pink pen to sign her notebook. "What's your name?" I asked looking up at her.

"Lily." She replied swaying around nervously.

"That's a pretty name." I smiled and finished writing her name to then give her back the pen and notebook.

"Thank you so much." She exclaimed excited.

I hugged her and she ran back to her mother. She waved at me with a smile and I waved back. Her mother carried her and kissed her cheek. I smiled.

Suddenly, I felt someone's hands over my eyes. I jumped startled.

"Guess who?" I immediately recognized the voice and I chuckled.

"Max Emilian." I joked and he took his hands off my eyes. I turned around and hugged him tightly. "God, I missed you so much." I rubbed his back.

"I missed you too, Elo." He looked at me fondly. "How've you been?" He asked.

"I've been fine. I got back into karting." I told him and a smile appeared on his face.

"I knew you would. I'm so proud of you." He tousled my hair and I chuckled. "I like your new hair." He smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"You're gonna be supporting me?" He asked and I tilted my head.

"Always." I tapped his cap and he chuckled softly. "Have you seen Charles?" I asked and his smile faded.

"Uh...no, I haven't, sorry." He stuttered and I nodded. "See you later."

"Yeah." I smiled and he walked off. I followed him with my eyes until he disappeared of my vision.

I continued my way to the McLaren pit box. I walked in and I was greeted by Zak.

"Hello, Elodie." He told me and I smiled. "This way." He guided me to where the others where.

"Thank you." I thanked him when he handed me some orange headphones. He smiled and walked off to talk to the engineers.

I put the headphones on the table and walked towards where the cars were. I saw Lando and Daniel getting ready. Margot was talking with Lando while he put his race suit on.

"Good luck. I love you." I heard her say and Lando smiled.

"I love you too." Lando replied and they kissed.

I sighed and looked away. I walked towards Dani who was talking to an engineer. He stopped his ongoing conversation when he saw me, a smile appearing on his face as he walked towards me.

"Bonne chance." I told him and he smiled.

"Merci." He replied. His Australian accent still present.

"You're getting there." I joked and he chuckled. "Show them." I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I will." He whispered and I pulled back and put my hands on his face. "I'll do my best for you."