15

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

I was sitting on the floor of my bedroom. I looked at my phone.

11:40

Charles' flight was at 12:50. I turned my phone off and laid my head back. I felt sick, weak and absolutely heartbroken. Even though it was my fault, I was the one that said no.

My phone chimed and I looked at it.

Charles 🤍
I know you're gonna read this and probably not reply but I'm gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss having someone who knows exactly how to piss me off and exactly how to make me happy.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘴' 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

I had my earbuds on while waiting for the plane. The place was crowded but I couldn't hear anything or anyone. I looked at my phone, hoping for a response from Elodie but my hopes disappeared when I saw her go offline.

I pursed my lips trying to hold back the tears from forming in my eyes. It was selfish of me to ask her to leave her whole life behind. I knew she struggled making decisions and throwing such a hard decision at her just like that was wrong.

I felt someone take one of my earbuds out and looked besides me.

"Charles, are you listening to me?" Pierre looked at me and I straightened my posture.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening, mate." I apologized and he sighed.

"You texted Elo, didn't you?" He asked and I fidgeted with my ring while looking down. "I told you to give her some time."

"I know. But I didn't want to loose her, what I did was selfish. I just scared her off." I raised my eyebrows.

"Give. Her. Time." Pierre remarked each word. "She'll forgive you. You can even be friends again."

"But I don't want to be just friends."

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

Tears formed in my eyes as I read the message. One single tear slipping down my cheek when I closed my eyes feeling my chest hurt. I was mentally and physically heartbroken. I didn't know how to explain it but it felt like my heart was a flower, and that flower had just withered.

I looked at the flowers on my nightstand. The beautiful tulips, full of light and color. A petal fell down and landed on the white wood. I reached out and grabbed the soft petal. I looked at its bright pink color.

Tears slipped down my cheeks and I put my hands on my face, dropping the petal to the ground. I heard a knock on my door and jumped startled. I looked up and saw Olga.

"Olga." I wiped my tears trying to play off how hurt I was. I stood up and took a deep breath.

"Oh, chérie." She quickly walked towards me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and sobbed on her shoulder. I couldn't help breaking down when I felt her touch. "It's gonna be okay. I promise, all right?" She wiped my tears with her thumb and gave me a comforting smile.

"I don't know." I sniffed and shrugged.

I sat down on the floor again. Olga looked at me and swayed around nervous, like she wanted to tell me something but couldn't find the words.

"Elo, I know this probably isn't the right time but...you really need to know something." Olga stuttered and I looked at her furrowing my brows.

"What's wrong?" I asked thrown off by her nervous behavior.

"This morning I went into your room and I saw Alice in your closet. She was sewing one of your dresses to make it smaller." She explained and my eyes widened. "She tried playing it off but I caught her in the act. I don't know what she's planning but it's not good."