1

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷:

I absolutely despised going to parties in the Monte Carlo Casino but at least I could get totally wasted in there to survive the night but today I was going to an event I despised even more than parties.

A brunch.

Olga was helping me put on the tight corset. She was applying pressure. I gasped as I felt it tight on my body.

"I thought we left this item in the eighteenth century." I commented taking deep breaths.

"It's only for today Ms. Bennet." Olga gave me a warming smile.

"I know but I don't get the point of this events. It's absolutely ridiculous." I whined and Olga chuckled softly at my negative behavior.

The door opened and Olga's smile immediately faded. I could see why.

"Tighter, Olga. She needs to be as slim as possible." My mother ordered and Olga nodded and listened to her without hesitation.

My mother was a woman with strong character. She imposed respect wherever she stood. She had an elegant bearing and a gaze that could intimidate anyone with one look directly to her emerald eyes. She used to be a high fashion model. She walked runways for many recognized and expensive brands. Dior, Channel, Louis Vuitton, and many more.

"Mére, it's already tight enough." I told her and she glared at me.

"No whining, chérie. Today's event is really important and you need to look as best as you can." She replied walking towards me.

I looked up at her as she examined me. She grabbed my chin with her white silk gloves and moved my head a little bit to the side.

"You look pale. Add more blush, Olga." My mom commented and let go of my face.

"Oui, madame." Olga nodded and immediately looked for the Dior blush in the makeup bag.

"Be ready before two." My mother looked at me threatening and I nodded not wanting to say anything.

She left closing the door behind her and I breathed out in relief. I turned back to look at the mirror as Olga grabbed a brush and applied more blush on my cheeks like my mother ordered.

"Olga." I called her and she responded with a hum. "Do I really look pale?" I asked touching my face when she finished applying blush.

"You don't Ms. Bennet." She told me and I smiled at her a little bit. "Don't let her get in your head, chérie. Come on, let's get you dressed."

"Merci, Olga."

[...]

I was wearing a baby blue dress with white gloves. I had a matching hat and some silver Dior heels.

The chauffeur opened the door and reached out to help me out of the limo.

"Fix your posture, chérie." My mother whispered as we walked to the entrance of the garden.

I cleared my throat and listened to her fixing my posture. We walked in and immediately people gathered to greet us.

"Bon aprés-midi, madame Bennet." An old man grabbed my mom's hand and placed a kiss on it.

"Bon aprés-midi." My mom kept a serious expression on her face.

"And you must be Elodie Bennet. You look just like your mother." The old man complimented me and I smiled a little bit.

"Bon aprés-midi." I nodded my head.

"We've been waiting for you madame Bennet. We have a special table for you." The old man guided us towards a table.