chapter 13

Pihu's pov:

Today is Grandma's birthday we all were discussing what are things we are going to do. Mother-in-law gave everyone their work. Rehaan, Anika, and Mom were decorating the room. Eeshan and I were supposed to make a cake.

We both didn't know how to bake a cake after doing a lot of research we finally baked a cake. I opened the microwave to take the cake out.

"Ouch!!! The vessel is burning" I wept blowing my my fingers.

"owh!! Pihu gloves pehn ke karna chahiye tha na... nhi lekin tumto zada akalmand ho.. gloves sajane ke liye hai na" Eeshaan blew up at me.

(Owh!! pihu you should have used gloves, but no you are more intelligent, gloves are like showpieces right)

"Arey meh konsa hamesha se microwave use karti aa rhi hoon Jo yaad rhega," I screamed.

(Uff, I don't use a microwave in my daily life)

He then took me to the kitchen sink and washed my hands with cold water. I was looking into his beautiful blue eyes which became my latest obsession, a smile crept on my face.

As I watched Eeshaan, his eyes fixed on my hands as he gently washed away the burn, I felt my heart fluttering in my chest. I had never felt so alive, so connected, to another person before.

His beautiful blue eyes were like pools of water, deep and mysterious, and I found myself getting lost in them. I couldn't help but smile, even though my hands were throbbing with pain.

I was grateful for the cold water, and for his gentle touch.

As he finished washing my hands, he looked up at me, his eyes meeting mine, and I felt my heart skip a beat. I wanted to say something, to tell him how I felt, but the words wouldn't come.

Instead, I just smiled, a shy and uncertain smile, and he smiled back, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Better?" he asked, his voice soft and gentle.

I nodded, still unable to speak, and he took my hand, leading me to the counter.

"Let's put some ointment on that," he said, his voice soothing.

As he applied the cream to my hands, I watched him, my heart pounding in my chest. I knew that I was falling for him, hard and fast, and I didn't know if I would ever be able to stop.

But for now, at this moment, I was content to just be near him, to feel his touch, and to bask in the warmth of his smile.

"You sit here till the time I will whip the cream," he said and proceed to do his work.

I was glancing at him from the sink corner he looked good when he is cooking especially with his veiny hands when he sliced the fruits gosh what am I doing!?...I felt like it was okay now I can help him.

I cut the cake into three layers.
I kept the first layer then he applied the cream. Then we decorated the cake with cream and different fruits on top. We then kept the cake in the refrigerator to set. And then we went to our rooms to freshen up.

I came out of the bathroom and was confused now about what to wear, it is a big issue in choosing clothes.

"wear this one" Eeshan took a saree from my wardrobe and gave me which made me delightfully smile.

"All right" I grinned and wore it. We both were ready and he looked dangerously handsome.

We went back to the kitchen to check the cake if it's ready or not

We went back to the kitchen to check the cake if it's ready or not. The cake looked great.

"let's add the candles," my husband said huskily and stood behind me.

"Is Grandma really seventy-six?" I asked shocked. She didn't look that much old.

"yeah she is," he said softly. "it looks great," I said with delight. "I love it...it's looking beautiful," he said in my ears, firstly he is standing too close to me, and now saying things in my ears I feel like my heart is going to explode if he is going to whisper like this.

We went to celebrate her birthday she looked happy.

"Pihu you look beautiful," Rehan said
making me turn pink.

"Thank you" I smiled shyly.

Everyone was talking giggling enjoying the party and that's how We celebrated her birthday it was fun, and grandma loved it, I was happy that the cake didn't taste bad. They all gave her gifts except me and Eeshan, we didn't buy anything but I thought I'll gift her tomorrow.

We clicked so many pictures, my mother-in-law, especially made me and Eeshan pose like a beautiful couple and told us to change positions every time for the new photo. It was weird and I felt shy also as in one of the photos he grabbed my waist to come close to him which made me fall on him and we both were looking into each other's eyes making me feel lost, I came back to reality when grandma started to whistle then I remember okay what I was doing then I distanced myself from him a bit, I was wondering how will they feel when they get to know about we will divorce in a few months I don't know but I feel uneasy when I even think about it.

We all went to the dining room for dinner this time Eshaan sat in between me and Rehan. We were having our dinner when Eshan asked Grandma," Meh aapka gift nhi laya lekin Aap bataiyee aapko kya chahiye." I was eating my dinner and thinking of what should I gift her.

(Now Grandma you tell me what do you want from me)

"Tumse toh ab pota poti dekhna hai voh bhi kam se kam paanch bache yahi hoga mera gift ab," she said joyfully making me choke on my food eshaan was also shocked he gave me the glass of water which I drink peacefully. Mom and Dad were laughing at her words and agreed with her. I felt so shy at that moment.

(All I want from you is grandson and granddaughter, and that to not less than five)

"dadi..abhi toh hamri shadi Hui hai itni jaldi kya hai," Eeshan said trying to make her understand.

(Grandma, we just got married, what's the fuss)

"dekho ye mere liye itna nhi karskta" dadi faking wept.

(See he can't do just a little thing)

"Acha.. acha.. meh samjh gya aapka gift mil jayega aapko ab khush," he said and laughed at her acting.

(Alright.. Alright, I understood, you will get your gift)

We all went back to our rooms and I closed the door he was standing near his bed doing something on his phone and I went towards him.

They will be hurt if they expect things like this from us and I don't want them to be hurt. I nervously asked him, "Umm...vo... dadi ka gift wali baat..." but he cut me off.

(Umm.. grandma's gift..)

"oh... So you directly came to ask me to fulfill her wish, very straightforward wifey," he said in his husky voice and grabbed my waist which gave me shivers.

"No..No I'm not saying this," I nervously uttered and tried to focus on what I'm saying, and then he started to laugh I was confused.

"I'm kidding Pihu, I was convincing her to stop talking further about this," and he laughed. My face turned red out of embarrassment. I hit him on his chest as he was teasing me too much.

"Goodnight," I said and ran to change my clothes in the bathroom.

"You looked beautiful" I heard him from outside which was making me smile every now and then.

***
Ek vote ki keemat tum kya jaano Reader babu; ishwar ka aashirwad hota hai ek chota sa vote; writer ke sarr ka taj hota hai ek chota sa vote; har writer ka khwab hota hai ek chota sa vote.