chapter 9

Pihu's pov:

"What happened to the documents I asked for, " Eeshan asked a man who came into our room. I think he is his secretary.

"It's all done sir," the person said.

"Arrange a meeting for the new project," Eeshan said. And he went into the bathroom. The Secretary came to me.

"These are the documents Ceo asked for," he said and gave me some files.
And then he left.

"Divorce Settlement Agreement" I looked at the heading my heart was beating so fast this is not ours, yeah this is not about us. Fear took over my mind. Eeshan came out of the bathroom.

"These documents he gave," I said and gave him the files.

"Listen to my words Carefully, we only married by paper so we don't have to show any kind of care and there is no love between us, and only our family and some relatives know about our marriage so you don't need to tell anyone that we are married," he said sternly.

"And this" he gave me the documents and said, "sign these papers." I opened the papers, with trembling hands.

"I didn't marry you out of love, I love Tia only so I don't think I can be with you in the future. After about eight- months we'll divorce and be free cause all I want is my love to be with me not any random person," he said in a raucous.

"what do you think, will you sign this," he asked with appealing eyes.

"I..." tears brim in my eyes. I was about to cry but I don't want to cry in front of him I bit my lips to stop myself from breaking down. I looked into his cold eyes.

"I....the reason I married you is because of my parents, especially my father, he made his promise with your dad I tried telling him that I don't want this marriage but he doesn't want to break his promise that he made-" I said in low brittles.

"do you even know how hard it was for me to marry you just take the money and leave my life" he growled.

"I'm... I'm ready to sign and I don't think I will have a place here I'm just a pass by and I don't need your money," as much as I wanted to stop my tears from falling but they didn't stop, how will I tell my parents, that I'll be divorced soon? With trembling hands, I sign the papers.

With that, I left the room and sat in the living room Rehan came into the living room and sat next to me.

"Hey..." he said.

"hey..." I said lowly.

"Did something happen... Why is your voice so low..." he asked me softly.

"No..No.. Nothing happened." I said quickly.

"Then... is there anything bothering you... Are you happy here," he asked.

"I'm happy here everyone loves me," I said softly.

"then what about the divorce," he asked making me shocked.

"You heard everything... right," I asked him and blinked my eyes.

"yeah, I heard it when Mehta was leaving I was about to enter to sign some files but heard your conversations," he said.

"Huh..." he heard everything there is no use in lying.

"Pihu if you ever feel low you'll come to me." He said and hugged me.

"it's late now I think I should go... Good night," I softly said and smiled at him at least I find a friend in this house I'm happy I have him.

"Okay.... I want your help Actually, there is a business event will you please accompany me there" he said and smiled at me.

"Okay, I'll come..." I smiled and left from there.

I entered his room and looked around he was working on his laptop I went inside and changed into comfortable clothes.

"You can sleep on the sofa," he said in his deep voice and continued working on his laptop. I nodded and went towards the sofa. If I ever knew I will get divorce papers on the first day of our marriage I would definitely be a runaway bride.

Divorce papers? On the first day of the marriage? I felt like I was in some kind of nightmare.

I felt a sense of despair wash over me. How had I been so blind? How had I not seen the truth about him before?

The next day I was laughing at one of Rehaan's jokes when he suddenly turned serious. "Hey, I have a business event to attend tonight," he said, his voice low.

I raised an eyebrow. "Okay, and...?"

"And I was wondering if you would like to come with me," he said, his eyes fixed on mine.

I felt a sense of hesitation wash over me. I had never been to a business event before, and the thought of going with him made me feel a little nervous. But then again, I trusted him. He was one of my closest friends in this house, and I knew he would never do anything to hurt me.

"Sure, I'll come," I said, trying to sound casual.

He smiled at me, his eyes lighting up. "Great, you won't regret it. It's going to be a lot of fun."

I nodded, feeling a sense of excitement building inside of me. I had never been to an event like this before, and I was curious to see what it was all about.

***
Ek vote ki keemat tum kya jaano Reader babu; ishwar ka aashirwad hota hai ek chota sa vote; writer ke sarr ka taj hota hai ek chota sa vote; har writer ka khwab hota hai ek chota sa vote.