Chapter - 45 Is Zhong Qin and Zhuang Zhu in love?

"Haha, there's no need to rethink it. Why should I waste my time on it? Zhuang Zhu's interest in me is only temporary anyway. He'll forget about me once another man or woman catches his eye. I don't need to worry about it."

Zhan Yu looked at him and remarked bluntly, "But why do I feel like you're upset?"

Something flickered in Zhong Qin's eyes before he rigidly changed the topic. "Let's not talk about him anymore. Let me interview Mrs. Lu, who has been promoted to a married man, instead. How is life after marriage?"

"Pretty good," Zhan Yu responded with a laugh.

"Tut-tut, how envious."

"Don't envy me. You'll be the same sooner or later, and who knows? Maybe you'll be even happier than me."

"That's true." Zhong Qin smiled, and afterward, the two moved on to other topics.

It was 10PM when they finished chatting, eating, and shopping. They walked out of the shopping mall with several bags in hand. When Zhong Qin asked Zhan Yu where he'd parked his car, Zhan Yu responded, "I encountered a little accident while driving home yesterday, so Lu Bai drove me today. My car isn't here."

"Envious!" Zhong Qin said. "Then how about I drive you back today, Mrs. Lu?"

They lived in opposite directions, so if Zhan Yu took up Zhong Qin's offer, it would be midnight before Zhong Qin himelf got home. "No, that would be too much trouble for you. I'll call Lu Bai to pick me up."

"You're done?"

As soon as Zhan Yu words fell, he heard a low voice coming from behind him. It is a naturally familiar voice. He turned around and said, "Why are you here?"

Lu Bai, who was only two steps away from Zhan Yu, bent down slightly to take the bags from his hands.

"I've been waiting for you for a long time." Lu Bai called Zhan Yu after his meeting, but Zhan Yu didn't answer. He assumed Zhan Yu didn't notice, so he called Zhuang Zhu and asked him where Zhong Qin was.

When they were talking last night, he remembered Zhuang Zhu saying that he would go to Zhong Qin's company entrance every day after work to see him.

As expected, Zhuang Zhu immediately gave an address.

When the two of them met up, they saw the boys strolling through the mall. Instead of disturbing them, they went upstairs and enjoyed a leisurely meal together. Of course, only Lu Bai was completely at leisure. Zhuang Zhu was still recovering from his emotional injury. They only showed up when they saw that the boys were getting ready to leave.

Zhong Qin was just about to tease the Lu couple when he suddenly noticed Zhuang Zhu standing behind Lu Bai. Zhuang Zhu was wearing a black short-sleeved shirt, and his eyes were shining as he looked at him. Zhong Qin thought it was a terrible feeling, so he hurriedly said to Zhan Yu, "Zhan Yu, since you have someone to take you home, I'll be leaving first."

"Alright." Zhan Yu understood.

However, unfortunately for Zhong Qin, Zhuang Zhu immediately went after him. Zhan Yu couldn't help but call his name, "Zhuang Zhu!"

The man looked back and shouted in a hurry, "Sister-in-law, I'll invite you to dinner next time!"

Zhan Yu: "..." Why are you inviting me to dinner for no reason?

"We should let them figure this out on their own. Let's not interfere anymore."

Zhan Yu understood that, but... "I'm just a little worried."

"If love was completely smooth-sailing, then you should be worried."

"Mhm, what Mr. Lu said makes sense." Zhan Yu smiled as he looked at him.