Chapter - 28 Feelings

Lu Bai didn't have the time to tell him that an unexpected mishap occurred while the new company was trying to win over the new project when Mao Bei called him over to resolve the incident. He relently rushed over, but would've guessed that in that time, Chu Hua went to find Zhan Yu and spoke rudely to him. He looked at the video on Weibo and felt anger rising from within him. He just wanted to immediately head over to see how Zhan Yu was feeling.

If the lights weren't on, did that mean Zhan Yu didn't know yet? It's good that Zhan Yu didn't. He will clean up the mess before Zhan Yu wakes up. Lu Bai suddenly shook his head and bitterly laughed. Zhan Yu was someone that could even endure people bullying him, but he also discovered that Zhan Yu didn't seem to really care about anything in particular. Since the ancient times, people said 'one is mighty without any desires'. Is it because of this that Zhan Yu didn't really place his own heart on anything, besides his work? Where was his bottom line? He couldn't seem to guess it.

When Lu Bai was abroad, he also asked himself: why must he choose Zhan Yu? What's good about him? After thinking about it, he couldn't find anything about Zhan Yu that was bad. Maybe the only bad thing about Zhan Yu was that he had a heart of stone regarding him. He thought: since he subconsciously started to care about Zhan Yu, why not care for Zhan Yu until the end?

Regarding the fact that Zhan Yu didn't like him - He had time and ways to make sure Zhan Yu will end up liking him anyway. When Lu Bai came to this conclusion, his phone rang. It was an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?"

"A Bai?" A soft voice gently said the name.

"You are?"

"A Bai, I am Chu Hua. I want to explain to you what happened on Weibo...A Bai, can I meet you?"

Lu Bai's slender fingers softly knocked against the steering wheel. He sneered quietly and said, "I only have half an hour."

When he drove into the neighborhood, he noticed that some reporters were around. He already ordered for Assistant Wang to dismiss them. In the morning, he planned to bring Zhan Yu to work. When Lu Bsi arrived at the meeting place, he saw Chu Hua sitting gracefully on the seat, wearing a white dress. Yet, there was no one in the brightly lit restaurant. Lu Bai glanced around while Chu Hua who was originally disappointed looked ecstatically at him when he arrived. She gently explained, "I know you don't like outsiders present so I had the manager clear the third floor."

Lu Bai just slightly peered at her before he sat down. Chu Hua looked tenderly at his handsome face and she called him, "A Bai..."

"Miss Chu, we haven't seen each other for a long time. It's better to call me Mr. LU."

"A Bai..."

Chu Hua felt awkward and hurriedly said, "Are you angry at me for going abroad for my studies and leaving anything behind? A Bai, I have my own difficulties as well. Plus, didn't I tell you about it back then? I went abroad for the two of us! You hadn't urged me to stay either. Now, are you going to blame me?"

"It's Miss Chu's business if you want to go abroad. I have no right to ask about it." Lu Bai looked expressionlessly at her teary face. He continued, "But I do want to advise Miss Chu that although Zhan Yu looks like he is easy to bully, when he wants to scratch someone with his claws, it can be very sharp. For the sake of giving Mo Bei some respect, I will just consider Miss Chu to be a blind person. If this happens again, you should believe that I won't let this go as easily next time. Of course, Zhan Qiancheng obviously wouldn't let outsiders bully his brother."

Lu Bai didn't even look at Chu Hua's pale face as he stood up. He said faintly, "Miss Chu, that's all I have to say."

Chu Hua frantically stood up and bumped her thigh against the edge of the table. She was in pain for a few seconds and felt the area numbing, but she couldn't attend to it. She hurriedly went up to stop Lu Bai, "A Bai, who do you take me to be? I went abroad for you and endured all these years outside. I finally returned and became famous. How could you...how could..." She couldn't help but to weep and unable to form her words.