CHAPTER - 7 Wealthy Heir

The man finally couldn't help it. He said coldly: "How long do you plan on sticking to me like this?"

'Such a cold voice?'

Zhan Yu had a bad hunch. He was hesitant at first, but when he finally raised his head to look up at the man's face, there was a loud 'thump' sound and a sharp pain pierced his forehead. Then he heard a clear voice exclaim: "Hey!"

Zhan Yu was in such pain at their collision. He reached out and rubbed his aching forehead, feeling a little dizzy. The next second, he noticed Lu Bai's handsome face looking down at him with a dark expression. He pushed him aside in fright and backed away several steps.

However, he forgot that behind him was the top of a staircase, the very place where he made his phone call earlier while leaning against the railings. Now that he had backed away several steps, his right foot suddenly found no floor to step on and he inevitably lost his balance. Zhan Yu instinctively reached out and grabbed the last saving straw, which regretfully, was the sleeve of Lu Bai's black suit.

As he tightly held on to the sleeve for dear life, Lu Bai's expression was as cold as ice.

Just as Zhan Yu thought that he was going to fall on his back, the embarrassing event he imagined didn't happen, because Lu Bai unexpectedly went forward several steps to hold his waist, saving him before he falls further.

The frightened Zhan Yu was now in his arms. He grasped his right arm tightly while the other hand pulled at his clothes. He breathed heavily in his embrace, and his legs seemed to have lost its strength.

Once again, he experienced a near death experience, and the feeling of helplessness and terror of falling down the stairs was horrifying.

Earlier, Lu Bai was attending a dinner party, but he ended up coming here. Although he had rolled up his sleeves, the more than 30 degrees weather here made him feel hot and irritable. But at this moment, the slight fruity fragrance from the man in his arms, along with the cold touch of his fingertips gave him a rare and pleasant sensation.

Lu Bai frowned. He loosened his arms around his slender waist and legs, straightened up, and said in a cold voice, "Isn't that enough?"

"Huh?" Zhan Yu looked up at him. Lu Vai stepped back this time, as if trying to avoid something poisonous. His jaw still ached from their collision earlier.

But when he glanced down at him after losing patience, he suddenly noticed his pair of moist eyes. His lashes were long and his eyes teary, and underneath the light, those pair of eyes seemed amazingly bright.

It was rare for Lu Bai to feel surprised.

Zhan Yu blinked while feeling mad that he teared up! If it wasn't for him, he never would've gotten so frightened that he almost fell down the stairs!

But what he didn't know was that his unconscious act of blinking made the onlooker feel as if he looked pitiful.

Lu Bai frowned slightly at the idea.

Zhan Yu immediately came to his senses. Knowing that the man hated him, he quickly pulled back his hand that rested on his (Lu Bai) arm, and without saying a word, left straight towards the auditorium.

He wanted to explain, but reason tells him not to try to explain things to him, lest Lu Bai misunderstand.

Lu Bai, who had been standing in place for a time, finally moved and made his way to the auditorium while thinking to himself: 'After I said so many things to him, all he replied was a simple "um"? Well then, is it really his new goal to avoid me as if I'm a snake?'

While thinking of this, Lu Bai's gaze deepened as he stared at his (Zhan Yu) slim figure in the distance.

Zhan Yu wore a light brown long jacket coat with a matching dark brown Pants and White T-shirt tonight. Since he took good care of himself, his figure was handsome .