Chapter - 38 The author has...!

Zhan Yu pushed Lu Bai.

"Hurry back and be careful on your way. Call me when you're home."

"Ok, I'll pick you up tomorrow morning."

"Ok."

Zhan Yu was reluctant to part with Lu Bai but watched him leave in the end. Then he returned to his room and accompanied Bai Ning for a while. Bai Ning held his hand and said, "Lu Bai is handsomely good."

Zhan Yu grinned and said, "Mother, don't compliment him in front of his (Lu Bai's) face. He's quite proud. If you compliment him, he probably will be arrogant for a while."

"You! You're loquacious."

Zhan Yu felt wronged. "I was just saying the truth!"

"It's really rare to see a man like him. You need to treasure him. Once you guys are married in the future, you guys have to learn to accept each other's shortcomings and get along with each other."

"Mother, I know. We will definitely be good together and not let you guys worry. Mother, rest soon and I'm going to sleep now. I have to work tomorrow."

"Then hurry back and sleep." Bai Ning hastily responded.

"Mother, you too."

Zhan Yu returned to his room and his smile faded. He turned his laptop on and logged on Weibo. He noticed that his name was already among the top few names of the rankings for discussion. Under the discussion, insults were hurled at him constantly. After scrolling through the pages, he found out that the people who still supported him were completely outnumbered. There were all sorts of insults. For example, he was called an unchaste person and involved in moral turpitude. He was also branded a mister who made Lu Bai a cuckold...The insults were vivid and colorful as if it was the truth. To his expectation, the video of what happened at the airport wasn't released. After knowing that someone was behind this, Zhan Yu was too lazy to clear his name. As long as he knew that he was innocent. He'd let the users insult him however they like. What he needed to do right now is wait and see.

When Zhan Yu went to work the next day, he greeted his new colleagues and got used to the environment. After that, he immediately went into a meeting with the staff of the TV Station. Although Zhan Yu worked in a new place, he was still the host of an interviewing show. This was a walk in the park for him. The TV Station planned on making him the host of the next episode. This time, they would be interviewing the popular writer - Shi Shi.

When Zhan Yu heard this name, he suddenly looked at the projector in the center of the conference room. The young face was Shi Shi who he hadn't seen for a while.

"Shi Shi became an instant hit. Her first book was 《The Chairman's Arrogant Wife》. After it was published, it was immediately sold out. Two months on the market, the sales had reached dozens of ten thousands. Because of this, Shi Shi became one of the best sellers of romance novels. There were many readers who hoped that we could interview her and understand her process of writing. Host Zhan, we already scheduled a time with her. It's Friday morning. When the time comes, we hope to record. You...Host Zhan? Host Zhan?"

"Huh?" Zhan Yu suddenly snapped out of his trance from looking at the pictures and cover of the book. While he fumbled about, he accidentally bumped the drinking glass by the upper right corner of his laptop.

Zhan Yu hurriedly grabbed a few napkins to wipe his laptop and the wet spot on the table. At the same time, he tried to keep his voice calm, "I'm fine with that."

Everyone looked strangely at Zhan Yu. Even the person standing glanced at him. They nodded and said, "It's good that there aren't any objections."

When the meeting was over, Zhan Yu stared at 《The Chairman's Arrogant Wife》in his hands. Zhan Yu felt it burning. Although the cover and typesetting were completely different, the title was still the same. But the author was someone else.