Buddy Matthews (Buddy Murphy)#2

go your own way

"Hey Y/n, isn't that your ex?" Tamina asked. You and Tamina decided to head to the club on a Friday night, she was the one suggested it. At first, you didn't felt like going. Clubbing was never your thing, but you tonight you went because she practically begged you and because there was alcohol. No you're not an alcoholic, you just like to drink once in a while. Which is a big difference if you say so yourself.

You looked where she was motioning and rolled your eyes. "Yeah that's him alright, what does he want?" You asked annoyingly. You took a sip from your drink and Tamina shrugged. "Who knows, but here he comes." "What?!" You looked again and he was already right in front of you. "Hey girls, how it's going?" Buddy asked. He had his hands inside his pockets and Tamina smiled. "I've been great, thanks for asking. How you're doing, it's been long since we last seen you?" You wished you haven't seen him at all.

You had your arms crossed and took another sip from your whiskey mixed with coke. "I'm good, thanks. What about you, Y/n?" Buddy asked coolly. "Fine, but you ruined it." You responded harshly. Tamina slightly nudged at you and you gave her look. He cleared his throat and chuckle awkwardly, obviously embarrassed from your words. "Y/n, I'll like to talk you to in private. Can we?" He politely asked. "No, we can't." You mocked him. "What she means yes, so outta girl!" Tamina said and pushed you towards him.

You looked back and glare at her and she just smiled. "Fine." You downed your whole drink and gave it to her. She took it and whispered a; "Good luck." You so wanted to kick her ass. Buddy motioned you to walk first and you sigh annoyingly. You start walking towards the exit and Buddy followed you behind. "What is it?" You asked irritated, once you two were out from the club. "I just want to talk, that's all." "Uh huh." You replied.

"Look, I know we didn't end things well and-" "Yeah because you didn't tell me for weeks where were you or that you signed with AEW." You cut him off. "Not only that, I risked my job to see you at AEW just so I can get answers. What did you do? You broke up with me saying that it's better for both of us and that I'll don't have to worry about you anymore." You finished saying. Buddy cringed at all of your words because it was true, boy did he felt terrible. "And I know, and I'm sorry, Y/n. Getting released out of nowhere just messed me up." He explained.

"And I appreciate it that you willingly risked your job to check up on me. I should of be honest with you, but I didn't know how would you feel if I told you I signed with them." Referring to AEW. You scoffed, "You honestly think I would care. I know wrestling is your life, did you think I was going to hate you or something, business is business or no?" Buddy didn't say anything and you took a deep breath to calm yourself. You ran a hand on through hair, "Look, I don't care. I don't care anymore, ok?" You began to say.

"You explained, I understand. End of story. You can go back and do you what you got to do, so see ya." You were about to walked away until Buddy grabbed your arm. "That's the thing, I do want to keep going, but with you." "Buddy-" "Just listen." He interrupted you. You groan but let him continue. "What I did was wrong, and I'm sorry." "And I don't care." You said emotionless. "Can you just let me finish?!" He raised his voice. "Whatever." You told him, looking away. "You see? Another reason why I broke up with you, your behavior."

You couldn't help but chuckle. "So you did all that because of my behavior, instead of talking to me in person? Wow, that's something else." Buddy let go of you and scoffed. "I want us to work it out, but it seems like you don't." "Because I don't." You told him. "Honestly, Buddy, there's no use. What you and I had before, it's gone and for good. Like I said before, do what you got to do and leave. You can go your own way and I go to mine, so goodbye." You walked away leaving Buddy alone outside, processing on what just happened.

You see Tamina waiting for you on the same spot you two were minutes ago. She looked at you and grinned. "How did it go?" You stand next to her and shout at the bartender for another shot, this time without coke in it. "That bad?" She asked again. The bartender hand your drink, "Nah, I just want to get drunk, that's all." You answered sheepishly. She wanted to asked again, but shut her mouth once you downed your drink with no reaction afterwards. Guess she'll have to ask again the next day, after your hangover, or Buddy.