30. You are my Paris

His condition was still not good enough to leave the hospital. For the next two days, we needed a solution for the Cabaret. Lucille needed to find someone to perform with, someone as well as Francoeur.

However, no one she interviewed had a voice that matched with his.

For one night, I gave it a try, "Lucille, I might not have the best voice, but I am sure that I can do it." Convincing her was not the easiest task...thankfully it wasn't impossible either. For this, she wanted Francoeur's opinion on this. She should have known that he was on my side. For the event, I could even practice with him in his room.

For being on stage with Lucille was an honor, but also the scariest thing ever.

Her aunt had a perfect idea. She designed for me a black angel costume, similar to Lucile's. She finds my voice is a little lower than her angel's sweet voice, the perfect opposite of one another. Emile and Mort, who were saved on the day the owners, entered the cabaret. The young man's leg was plasters, while Mort helped her boyfriend walking. Raoul and Pâté have restored the place a little, refreshing the paint and posters. They were my only audience that could give me feedback on my performance. In two days, began the real deal.

Shivering in fear, I stood beside Lucille. She held my hand whispering over to me, "You are a great singer N/A. We can do this."

My body turned cold, as the curtains gone up. Now it was out time to sing a solo:

To feel unbearable never again,

Even if I change,

Deep inside I'll be the same,

We have a tendency to be ashamed,

Let me tell you how to help me break out of this chain.

Oh oh oh,

Just a little kiss will do,

Oh oh oh,

Just a little kiss from you.

Don't you know, you are enough to believe?

That every little portion will return to who I always be,

It's very easy and you may not know,

It's no more complicated than a simple 'love you so'.

Oh so my love, et viola,

So my love can it be to be,

To be in love,

From one day,

Two days,

Three days,

For everyday,

Oh oh oh,

Just a little kiss will do,

Oh oh oh,

Just a little kiss from you,

Just a little kiss from,

You.

The crowd cheered with excitement. It was a success. One thing bothered me though, "Lucille, why was this song changes a little?" She ginned pointing to something behind me, "Because he wanted for you to sing it like that." Turn around; I could see Francoeur in his white suit. Like the first day I met him, "Why are you here? Are you fully recovered?" He nodded, handing me a bouquet of red roses. In the meantime, Lucille had sneaked off. The next thing was not planed. Francoeur got on one knee holding his guitar up, as the curtains began to rise again.

I froze at the sight of the clapping audience, "Francoeur, this isn't a part of the event."

Right at the stage was one table, surrounded by all of our friends, including Lucille. Was this planned after all and this behind my back? I didn't have time to get off the stage, as Francoeur began to play a sad tune. His voice was just too beautiful to interrupt, as I listened to his song:

I hide my sight inside the cloak of night,

Beneath the red scarf and a chapeaux,

The warmth of my love locked within my heart,

Too afraid to let it go, to let it show,

And all that I could see,

What you a mean to me,

Found you in Paris.

I was so hard; it was too hard, apparently,

I did appear beneath the light,

Yes it was me.

Found love in Paris.

I hide my pain inside a melody,

It as if notes I sing will let you see,

I keep all my heart under pain and tears,

I'm so afraid that if it feels, you're leaving me.

Found you in Paris.

Have loved in Pairs.

You are my Paris.

This special performance was the highlight of the night. Not only did it move the audience, but Francoeur has showed me his feelings with a song. I couldn't take it. Dropping the bouquet, I jumped at him, kissing his lips passionately. I caught him off guard, while he feel backwards, not breaking the kiss. The cheering got even louder at this. I couldn't care less that saw it. I wanted him and I wanted him now! And the way he wrapped his arm around my waist, he wanted the same.

By the end of the evening, we all celebrated our success against Loret and Victor.

The Madame got into jail for a few years, while Victor couldn't be found. We kept it a secret of what really happened. The professor had also paid us a visit. He had a present for Francoeur, "Read the instruction first...don't overdo it. It is only temporary and isn't strong enough to last an entire day." The way he whispered with the flea got me suspicious. Waiting for the right moment, I snatched the bag off Francoeur's hand, "What is this?" I faced the doc, "Professor, I don't want him to change anymore. I love him the way his is." An idea pooped into my head "But still it can be useful for something." Francoeur didn't understand. Once I whispered into his ear my idea, he blushed hard, "Oh I didn't know you can blush this cute!" We thanked the doc, going back to our friends. In the future, I became the third singer at the cabaret...and a flea's wife.

Yup, he proposed.

And I said yes.

Our life couldn't be any happier, having the man you love at your side. After our wedding,, we arranged it, so that we could all marry at the same day. Three couples on one day. You can imagine how much fun that was.

One thing was for sure. The life with my friends and Francoeur, were unforgettable.