10. Lorets secret

Francoeur and I looked into the direction of the sound. Lucille gave Raoul quite a hit. She was angry at him, acting like a show off...again. She wanted him to be mature...at least once. It didn't take long as a gloved hand pulled my head aside. It was now, back at Francoeur's face. He gave me one last kiss, before drawing me into a dance. For the rest of the night, be were spending our time with dancing and a few kisses.

Behind the scenes, was someone else not enjoying the evening like us.

Madame Loret was furious. The entire night was she ignored by Francoeur, she tried to gain his attention with her charm, but it was all for nothing. But there was one more reason to gain his attention. It was not like she was interested in him, but he was close to her main target. Loret was ready to finish her crème mask. Her beauty is her main priority, after singing. Tonight, she had a special visitor, someone that she didn't expect to see of all places.

She was annoyed to see him, "What do you want brother?"

"Is that a way to react to your only brother, sis?" he walked into her room, looking at her in the mirror. She was sitting at it, while her back was facing him, "Since you have no use to me, I don't want to do anything with you."

"Just because I was in jail and lost my position as a police commissioner, doesn't make me useless to you."

She clicked her tongue, "As if! You are not useful to anyone!"

He glared at his sister, "This wasn't my fault! I did the right thing, saving Paris from this monster. Instead of gratitude, they arrested me. My angel, a goofball and a mini man helped him to escape."

This caught her interest, "Angel? You mean Lucille?"

"Yes, the star of Paris. As for the other two, they are Raoul and Emile. I should have thrown them into jail while I had the chance."

"And this monster?"

"Oh that...was just a giant flea, disguised in a coat, hat and scarf."

"Like that one?" Loret points at a poster of the two. His eyes darkened, "The monster...famous?!!!"

"Victor, calm down...I am sure we can deal with this."

"How? It is not like he is here!"

She smirked, "he is."

"Pardon?!"

"He is...and it is having an eye on my staff."

Victor was all pumped up, drawing his revolver, "Let me kill it...here and now!"

She stopped him, before he got out the door, "And risk your chance to get back on top? No brother, I have a better idea...and for that, we use my staff."

"How?!"

"Let the monster get closer to N/A, we can make her work for us. You want to become great again and I want to be the new star of Paris."

"Right now you are the one of Toulouse" stated Victor rather bored.

"I got rid of the previous singer by ruining her reputation and with Lucille, we can do it too."

"You forgot the giant flea."

Her grin turned evil, "Once you become the mayor of Paris, no one will be bothered if a flea is gone...or a little girl."

"Does this girl bother you?"

"She is a pain in the backside...but a cheap labor. She is an important part of this plan. Are you in?"

Vector joined her smile, "I am going to enjoy this...I am in."