26. A dangerous situation

I need answers. I demanded them.

If there wasn't this certain someone interrupting this moment, she had a deadly glare on her face, "I have enough of this little game. Get out of the way N/A!" Loret was determined to kill Francoeur. Without thinking, I protected him with my body as shield, "If you want him, you have to get through me!"

"Don't tempt me!" she warned me.

I worked long enough to know Madame Loret. She would do it. Out of the blue, she counted down, beginning with three, "...two...!" All of a sudden her pistol was aiming higher up. Raising my head, I spotted Francoeur. He must have jumped by the time Loret counted down. This was my chance; she didn't pay any attention to me. With enough force, I body slammed her, knocking her off balance. Caught off guard, she accidentally released the pistol. I rolled of a few feet, unable to reach it with me on top of her, "It is over Loret!"

"Over?...it only just begun!" with one leg she pushed me off.

Francoeur heard me wince. He was just about to climb down, as I screamed up, "Don't!" His face shows sign of fear. To help him out, I gave him a smile, "I'll be fine...just go!" Slowly, I got back on my feet, attacking Loret once again. She was trying to get her pistol. The sight of my feet caught her off guard, as I kicked the weapon from the tower. Now unarmed, I took the chance to check on Francoeur, but this was a big mistake. Pain went through my arm. Inspecting the area, I could see a large cut. Loret wanted to make another attempt, as someone got between us. I shock I had to witness how Francoeur got injured instead of me. "Francoeur!" he fell down towards my feet, as I held him close, "Why?" His answer was a quick peck on my forehead. If we weren't in a dangerous situation, I could have cried.

Madame Loret however, took it for a surprise attack. With her knife, she wanted to end Francoeur's life, once and for all. "NO!!!" pushing him aside, I rammed myself into her. The next, we were both falling off the tower.

Francoeur's eyes widened, hearing my scream got lower.

Since we dropped from the very top, it was impossible for him to catch me. At that moment, Lucille had spotted him, lying on the floor, "Francoeur!" he glanced at his friend, whimpering horribly. "Where is N/A?" she asked, receiving even louder sounds from the flea. She didn't have to be an expert on how he felt. Lucille holds the flea close, comforting her friend. It was the only thing she could do for him.

Minutes passed, as nothing but the wind was blowing its own sad song around them.

"Finally I found you!" choked an exhausted Raoul form the stairs. Lucille looked at her boyfriend with a sad face, "Francoeur...he's..." She couldn't say it, as she started to cry. Raoul took this to wrap his arms around her. With a group hug they were comforting each other. With a little strength, Lucille asked him of where he was just now. Raoul showed her a sunflower seed, "I knew it was smart to keep a few." She didn't understand, "What do you mean?"

That is until they hear someone scream out, "Hey, can anyone get me off this flower?!"