15. Franceour

Lucille began to panic. For four hours, she couldn't find Francoeur and their performance starts soon. As for me, reading time was over, right after she interrupted me. Madame Loret demanded a massage and someone to hear her practice her new song. Not only do I hate to touch her smelly feet, but also her voice was in my ears terrible. I assume knowing her true nature makes it harder for me to enjoy her singing voice, since it sounds completely different. As a singer, she is an angel and behind her mask, the dragon that she truly is.

Too bad I had to hear Francoeur's song from her lips. She sounds like a provocation to me. I know what he feels for me, his lyrics made that pretty clear, but I am not interested. I just pretended to listen, while she sang it. At the end, the Madame demanded feedback.

"It was wonderful Madame Loret" I said, knowing that it wasn't a good comment. Nothing I said would have satisfied her. "Wonderful! It was marvelous!!!" she corrected.

"Did you understand the song N/A?"

"I am afraid I don't Madame."

He eyes turned dark, "Because you didn't listen!!!"

She kicked the bucket of hot water in my direction, "I have enough of you. If you keep on working like this, you will be HIS wife!"

My eyes widened," You can't do that!"

"As long you are my servant, I can do with you whatever I want! Now leave me!"

I bit my lip, preventing the tears to fall down my cheeks. Once in my tiny room, I hid my head into the pillow and cried loudly. Of all the punishments she could choose, did she have to marry me to that man?! I like him, but I don't want to be his wife. Only a miracle can help me now!

In the winter garden of the professor, the fog of blue disappeared.

Before him stood a young man...naked. The doc and his assistant hide their eyes, "Here take my lab coat." Francoeur had the size of Raoul, a slender young man, with dark brown hair combed back and hazelnut brown eyes. He could be Raoul's younger brother. Unfortunately with one major problem, he tried to speak, but nothing came out. Charles the ape showed him a card that said 'Sing it!', however it didn't work either. The professor shook his head, "It seems that the appearance is all you have...in return you lose your voice to sing or speak." Not even the cute little sounds, he usually makes, are gone. Francoeur had an idea. He snatched the cards of Charles and drew/wrote what he wanted to say. The professor warned him though, "Before you go, you should know that I have no idea how it will affect you. Who knows how long this appearance will last. Just is care full."

Francoeur bowed at the two and was ready to leave the place, as Raoul and Emile stormed in.

"Professor, it is so good to see you. A friend of ours is missing!"

The doc looked at his newest experiment, back at Raoul, "And what is your friend's name?"

"Francoeur, you know...the flea."

"I see..." he turned the man towards the human version of Francoeur. Raoul didn't get it, "A relative of yours? Hi there...so as I was saying..." Charles showed the man a card, saying 'he is the flea'. Raoul turned back to the man, as he waved sweet.

For Raoul...the world turned black. The ape showed the card to Emile, only to get the same reaction.

Oh boy, now what? There are two unconscious guy, one flea turned to a human, an ape and a professor...cant it get any worse than that?