16. A disaster

It was a disaster!

The performance of Lucille and Francoeur wasn't possible. He was still missing. If it wasn't for Madame Loret, the Cabaret would have been closed for the night. Lucille was grateful for that, "Thank you Madame. I have to admit, I am quite embarrassed. This never happened before."

"No need to thank me. It was a pleasure to help out my dear" With that, she waved the young angel good bye and headed back into her room. Once she had locked it, an evil laugh went over her lips, "This is getting easier by the minute." Turning from her glamorous dress into something comfy, she headed out the back door, wearing a cape for the cold. Her destination was the bar down the road.

In the meantime, I was thinking of what the Madame had said earlier.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. One, because of the threat to marry and two, I was cutting onions. But the thought made me shudder. Me, marry this guy? Nonsense! He was cute and all, but not my type! I tossed the onions into the hot water, continuing with the mushrooms, "As if I would marry! I rather quit my job than marry this, this..."

Suddenly, a bell was ringing.

"What now?!" annoyed, I slammed the knife on the counter and headed towards the sound. Although it was quite confusing since it came from the back door.

Outside stands Francoeur in proper clothing, ringing constantly the bell. He held up a sign, saying 'I am Francoeur', hoping that anyone would believe him. Focused on the door, he didn't see the dog that walked towards him. Not moving an inch, it sniffed his leg. Still not moving, it raised a leg and...

Now he did. Francoeur felt the wet stain on his pants, swatting the dog away with his card. The animal seems to take this as a game and grabbed the piece of paper. Francoeur pulled on the other side, tearing one side off. Before he could see the damage, the door opened.

Annoyed I looked at the human version of Francoeur, "What do you want?" He raised his card up, smiling wide. I read it out loud, "I am Franc. So, what do you want Franc?" He shook his head and tried to show with his hands on the name. I have absolutely no idea what he was on about, If you don't tell me exactly what you want, I will close this door." Thankfully, Lucille heard the ringing as well and came straight over, "Oh N/A it you. Who is it?" "His name is Franc. That's all I know. Is he the new waiter or something?"

Lucille thought for a minute, "Albert was sick lately. I guess that he is the replacement" she opened the door a little wider and asked the man herself, "Are you the new waiter?"

He only nodded.

"Then it is settled, please follow me Franc." While he did, he gave me a sweet smile. I returned the favor. He kind of reminds me of someone.