5. Arriving in Toulouse

Back in Toulouse, I was already expected by Madame Loret. From her facial expression, she was furious.

"What took you?!" she barked in her hideous voice.

"It won't happen again...I promise"

"Don't give me excuses; you broke your rule...you talked to a stranger, didn't you?"

I knew someone was telling her about this. Instead of an argument, I nodded. Surprisingly, this was the end of this conversation...at least,that is what I thought.

"Did you get my bananas?" oh-oh!

I showed her a few. Her eyes darkened, "Frederic's cart was damaged and all his bananas as well. Where did you buy them?" I swallowed hard, "The...one near the fountain?" "He is expensive!!!!" her glare hardened, "and the roses?" "I...I...got them...for you...they were cheap."

"Well in that case..." she ripped the bouquet of my hands "...I forgive you this time."

I watched her with a sad face, as she disappeared in her room...with my flowers. For the first time, I got a present...and she took it away. "Oh well, at least she isn't going to shout" I said to myself, filling the fridge. I spoke too soon, "This is your last warning N/A!!!" I rolled my eyes, she always said that when she is angry. After my shopping trip it was back to my daily chores.

Later that day, the group arrived at the scene.

"Viola, Toulouse!" announced Raoul excited. The rest breathed out relieved. No one wanted to stay in his van any longer than necessary. Lucille had to stretch herself, "Raoul, in the future, improve your driving skills."

"You are just jealous"

"Jealous of your manic driving? Hardly!"

Emile and Mort watched the two having another go at each other, "There they go again. Let's go Mort." They got Francoeur from the back and let the couple to themselves. For this week, they needed a hotel, but with rooms that are far from another. Raoul and Lucille are way too loud at night time. Yep...these two can argue for quite some time, which can also last all night. Francoeur found a sign, saying 'Hotel le Ciel". Emile finds it a got place to stay, since the theater was right on the opposite side...the theater 'le Nuage'. Mort had to laugh at the names, "A hotel called sky and a theater called clouds...what a coincidence." Emile shook his head, "Even the number fits...seven." Mort smiled, "Seventh heaven...it sounds romantic. What do you think Francouer? ...Francoeur?"

He was already ahead of them. He stood in front of the hotel, waving at the couple to come over quickly.

The three were amazed, as they went inside. The walls were painted like the sky, while some clouds were handing around, lighting up the place. They have seen a lot, but cloud lights...never. Even Francoeur was amazed at the sight. In fact, he was that focused on the sky, he walked into the reception desk. The man behind it didn't seem to be in a good mood. He greeted the three in a monotone voice, "Welcome to hotel le Ciel. What can I do for you?"

"We would like to book three rooms please."

"Why three rooms Emile?"

He whispered into her ear, "I want to spare Francoeur a restless night...again."

The man nodded slowly, "three rooms...for how long?"

"One week"

He wrote it as slow as his speaking voice. It was a surprise that none of the three fell asleep.

"Here are your keys...enjoy your stay."

Emile took the keys, giving Francoeur his own one, "This is for you. Make sure not to lose it. Your room is Nr. 20."

"And the other two? Where will they sleep?" Mort remembered the 'room issue'. Emile was in luck, one room number was in the third floor. Theirs was on the fifth, together with Francoeur's.

But none of them had the chance to inspect their rooms, as Raoul and Lucille came into the door. His face was extremely red and swollen. Lucille was still angry, but thanks to the papers in her hands, her mood was lifted, "Voila, tickets for the next audition, tonight at la Nuage."

"Where did you get them?" Emile was amazed that they did that in-between their fight.

She informed him about their little 'break' in between, getting the tickets, "So how about it? It is not Madame Loret but another famous face...Madame Lilly." Mort knew her, "She is a really good actor. I can't believe you got tickets for her." Lucille was pleased of all their positive feedback. She looked at her large friend, "What do you say Francoeur, would you like to see her?" He nodded with a smile.

"It is settled then, let's get some rest and tonight we go out."

Raoul took the time to walk around Toulouse, while the others took the time to relax. The last thing he wanted is to be inside one room with Lucille. Francoeur followed Mort and Emile to his own place. He got his key out and opened the door. The silence was new to him. Slowly, he went in. It was a simple room, nothing fancy to look at. However, at the windows he had a perfect view of the theater...well, the roof part at least, where the large sign stands. He finds it rather boring in the room, until something caught his eyes. He went towards the sideboard, where a few roses in a vase were. He pulled them all out and smelled. Now sitting on a small sofa, he placed his hat on the hanger and kept on inhaling the scent. Memories of the market came into his mind...

His smile widened as he thought of me.

The way I talked, walked, smiled, he thought of every detail. The way I looked back at him was the main thing that made him happy. The little cat and mouse game was fun to him, assuming that I enjoyed it as much as he did. He made up his mind...he wants to see me again, but he wasn't sure when or where to look. He knows my name and could describe my appearance...but that is it. It is not enough to find me. His only idea to start his search was by singing a song. He returned the roses back into the vase and began to create his own lyric immediately. His next move was to perform it on the streets, with a sign "Do you know N/A?"

He is sure...that way he finds me.