20. Lucille in danger

It didn't take long for Lucille to realize, that everyone she cared about was gone.

Her aunt Charlotte was on a honey-moon trip with her husband, Inspector Pâté. They wouldn't return all too soon. Her aunt had all faith in her angel, to take good care of the cabaret. For Lucille was it a horrible feeling to disappoint her.

TO find clarity of her missing friends, she started by asking Madame Loret. But as Lucille informed her about Franc and me, she just laughed, "Nonsense, N/A is not smart enough to run away. She will come back crawling, begging me to take her in."

Lucille asked about the reason for our actions. Madame just shrugged, "Who knows. I wouldn't mind it too much. They are like cats, once they are hungry, they come back. You see."

The angel did not believe what she just heard. Cats? They are humans and not animals! She needed someone else to talk to...but who?

For Raoul and Emile wa sit no better. Not only couldn't they find a good reason for Francoeur's actions, neither could they escape the cellar. Victor Maynott made sure, that he used a place, which no one would use all too often, so the two had to find a way out on their own.

Maynott informed his sister about this straight away, "Two rats down, and three to go."

Loret laughed out at this, "You will be surprised brother. N/A and one other member of the staff have left the cabaret on their own and this Francoeur didn't show up either."

Victor was just as excited, "So it is five down? Who is still to eliminate?"

Madame Loret peeks behind the curtains, watching a worried woman, "One dear brother, the angel of Paris. But don't worry; I will take care of this myself."

Franc and I didn't know about this evil plan of Loret.

We were having the best time of our life s together. I only known him for two days, but to me, it felt like more. We ordered food and listened to some music, while pampering ourselves. Franc's favorite thing to do is to hug me tight, while showering me with kisses. But my forehead was the spot he loves to kiss more than once. It became his trademark. We both took a bath together, giggling like crazy, while he washed my back and placed a few kisses over it. It was still night time, but this didn't bother us, we both cuddled up to each other in bed and enjoyed the company from each other. I didn't want this night to never end. Placing my head against his bare chest, I whispered lightly, "...I love you." His reply couldn't be more like Franc; in response he kissed my forehead again, tightening his arms around me.

The morning sun was shining into the hotel room and onto our bed. Franc and I were still asleep. But something was different; the sun didn't hit my eyes. Something huge blocked it. I cuddled up to Franc, not feeling the change as four pair of arms were holding me.