8. He is in trouble

It didn't take long, as Lucille and Raoul noticed the flea's absence.

"Where is he?" asked Lucille, throwing the sheet aside.

"I told you he was gone!"

She was in no mood to argue again, "We have no time for that. We have to find him, the performance starts in an hour." They informed the others and together, they searched through Toulouse for that giant flea. Not one expected him to be at the theater.

He was in my room now, to be exact.

Francoeur refused to stay outside. Madame Loret got rid of our locks, so I had no chance to close it. "Why can you just do something I ask you to do?" I moaned, looking for my uniform. For that night, we wear special clothes. Madame Lilly is the second best singer after Loret, for her it was to be a special occasion...especially because it is her last performance. Francoeur looked around my room, inspecting at some photos on my wall. I followed his gaze, "This was me, pretending to sing." He nodded at me. I sighted, "Francoeur, may I ask you something?" He nodded again. "Can I sing?" I watched him raising his hand. He moved it from side to side, telling me that it was between good and bad. "Why are you teaching me to sing?" his answer was my photo. "I pretended to sing...I sound like a fox at mating season." Francoeur leaned his head to the side. I raised my brow, "Do you even know how that sounds?" He shook his head. I demonstrated...

"aahhhhhhhhhhhhh....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh."

I had to laugh, as he pulled two pillows to his head, "See...that is how I sing." What I didn't expect from him, is to throw the pillows back on my bed. He shook his head violently, taking his guitar. He pulled on string lightly...followed by another...and another. He made it extremely light, that I could hardly hear it. "Sorry to tell you this, but...you are too quiet." Suddenly, he stopped. With a smile, he pointed at the guitar and then...to me. "Are you telling that I am too quiet when I sing?"

He gives me a thumb up.

"What a lot of bull!" I barked. I find his opinion absolutely ridiculous. I looked at the clock and went back to find my uniform. Frustrated, I faced the man, "Would you help me out here?!" He didn't have to. I found my clothes, under him. He was sitting on it. I went over towards him, crossing my arms, "Stand up!" He leaned his head to the side. "Don't act cute, Stand up damn it!" I grabbed his arm and pulled. Not one inch of him moved, but I certainly did. He made his turn and pulled me towards his chest...into a huge hug. As much as I find it adorable, I have no time for this, "Francoeur, let got...I have to get r..."

"N/A what takes you..." Loret stormed into my room, seeing me in Francoeur's arms.

I panicked, "it is not what it looks like!"

Unfortunately, Francoeur didn't help me. He tightened his grip, nuzzling into me.

"We discuss this later tonight. Get ready; the first guest will be here any minute. Chop, chop!!!" with that, she slammed the door shut. I managed to get out of his grip, pulling on my clothes underneath his butt. "Wait her, I get changed quickly" I went behind a partition wall. I jumped, as he peaked over the divider, handing me my vest. "Ahhhh, pervert!!!!"

SLAP!!!!

Lucille, Emile and Mort arrived at the theater, while Raoul was still searching for Francoeur with his van. They were relieved, that they didn't hear any screams or someone yelling 'monster' in Toulouse. I greeted them friendly, as Mort recognized me. "Aren't you the lady from the market?" "The one and only Madame." Lucille got curious now, "Are you a waitress in this place?" I shrugged, "A bit of everything that depends on my 'bosses'' change of mood." We had a little small talk, before Emile asked me, "Would you happen to see Francoeur anywhere in Toulouse?" My sight surprised him, "Sure have. He is here in the theater."

"What???" now I was the one surprised.

"Is there something I should know?" I asked the three with curiosity.

Lucille informed me about him disappearing this morning and they were searching all over for him. She frowned, "The Theater, I should have known. Did he cause you any trouble?" Memories of his previous actions made me want to kick his butt again, but as a professional, I stayed friendly and forced out a smile, "Of course not, no trouble at all." Inside I thought: "He IS the trouble!" Lucille turned on her heel and left the theater. Mort called after her, "Lucille, where are you going?"

"Getting Raoul, I will be back soon!"

While she left us, I send the couple to their huge friend.