23. Vulnerable

Raoul ran as fast as he could to the professor's home. From all the running, he didn't pay attention whats before him. Until he felt an impact and dropped on top of that person. Someone he knew very well, "Raoul what are you...eww...you stink!" "It is nice to see you too darling. But we have other things to deal with, where is Francoeur?" This seems to surprise Lucille, "You haven't found him?"

"Well, yes and no."

She understood, "You knew what he became."

Raoul nodded. Before Lucille could slap him for not telling, he explained why he couldn't. As Victor's name fell, it got even worse. They all know the back-story of what happened. The two are sure...he is back to finish what he had started. "We have to find him, before he does!"

Raoul didn't have to tell her that. She grabbed his arm and pulled him along, "We need help."

"Who do you mean?"

The so-called-person was the professor...who just locked up his lab, "Bye you two. I see you in three days."

"What???", was the only thing they could say. This felt like a nigtmare just now.

He raised his luggage, explaining that he is expected at the professor congress in England, "It is my duty as proffessor to follow such important events." Lucille was speechless, unlike Raoul. He grabbed the doc by his lab coat and looked straight into his eyes, "Our friend is in trouble and you have nothing better to do, than going on holiday?!"

"Take my assistant. He might be of goof use to you."

This was the wrong answer. Not once had Raoul ever hit someone, until now, "If anything happens to him, I will make you responsible for this. As the professor you also take responsiblity for what you created." The doc watched with a bleeding nose, as Raoul, Lucille and his assistant monkey had left him.

Lucille couldnt keep it to herself, whispering to Raoul, "Speaking of creation. You make Franceour."

He shushed her quickly, "That was an accident. Turning him into a human, wasn't."

They weren't aware, that not too far of them, was Loret's brother.

Victor was walking around the streets, not sure of where Francoeur might be. Checking every dark corner and ally for him. Lucky for him, the streets of Paris was quite empty of pedestrians. In case he lets off a bullet, not many will see or even hear it. His patience was worth it, as he spotted something tall, walking into an alley. No wonder, it was raining hard. This person made him suspicious though, following close behind, seeing of who it is and...

...his smile grew.

He found him...the monster.

Francoeur was drenched in his clothes. He took them off for a while, until the rain got weaker. He didn't want to stay too far away from me. For Victor was this, in his case, an easy target. Not to make any noise, he carefully aimed at the flea from the corner. Francoeur was focusing on his clothes, not realizing Victor's presence. Now or never, thought Victor.

He pulled the trigger.

...very...

...very slowly....

...and....

"What the hell are you doing here?!!!!"

BANG!!!!

This harsh tone of a woman didn't just make Victor jump, but also Francoeur. His bullet missed its target completely, hitting the floor.

He faced the woman, only to see his furious sister.

Anooyed of her interuption he barked at her, "What is the big idea? I almost had him!"

Loret looked inside the alley, seeing the flea, looking like a deer caught in headlights, "So this is the monster."

Francoeur froze on the spot. Not only did he recognize Madame Loret, but also her brother. The past was coming back to him; he is still terrified of that man. Loret, pushed Victor aside and aimed at the flea, "Bye, bye, little flea...time to go to sleep." Panik filled Francoeur's body.

BANG!!!!!!!!!!