29. Bye bye...Victor

My face made it clear. I was not impressed, „That is our plan...attacking him with flower seeds?"

He nodded pleased.

"Oh boy, he must be frightened by now" I joked. His satisfied smile made it even more confusing, "He should be."

Victor had enough of our conversation, hitting the ceiling, "Stop this stupid act. You are in danger and all you do is making fun of me?! "

Agreeing with that, he wanted a proper plan to escape. Raoul whispered to me, to have a little patience. Charles watched as the man's hand, making a sign. The next, a portion was thrown...

POOF!!!!

The mist gave us the opportunity to run away. Raoul however, demanded got leave fast. I didn't get it, "Why? He can't see us." "He may not...but they do." Raoul pointed at several plants, growing rapidly off the pond. Those were not sunflowers alright. As the mist was leaving I could see it more clearly. Large Venus fly traps surrounded Victor. He was scared of those unknown plants, coming closer, "NO, get away form me!" Not even shooting them helped.

The leaves have trapped them, closing him inside them. Raoul pulled me away, in case those Venus fly traps are hungry for more. At Victor's stolen car, Charles had made it work again. Raoul sat beside the monkey while he took the wheel. Francoeur was placed in the back, with me holding him close, "Go Charles!" With full speed, he drove straight the hospital.

At the cabaret, Lucille and her aunt confronted Mr. Ronno.

Loret mentioned his name, once the police found him. They knew that the two were up to something. For Inspector Pâté didn't need long to make him speak, Madame Loret would have paid him loads of money, once the cabaret belongs to her. With that said, the time limit was taken of the angel's shoulder. Her aunt and she won't lose their home. But Mr. Ronno didn't give up that easily, "You may keep your home, but if you can't perform any time soon...you will lose it in another way." "Oh believe Sir, we will be back on stage, sooner than you think" Lucille was sure about this.

Inside the hospital, the nurses have watched at their newest patient got carried in. I begged the ladies to help him. One stared at Francoeur, "What is he?" "It doesn't matter now. He needs treatment...now!" The other nurse gave him the same look, "He looks like an animal. We only take care of humans." This was not a good thing to say in my face, "Raoul...hold him." With fear, the nurses backed away, while I came dangerously close, "Listen up! If he dies because you wouldn't treat him...I will swear...I will turn to an animal!" This threat seems to have gotten through their heads. One contacted the Doc, while the other helped us transporting him to the next wheelchair.

Raoul, Charles and I watched, as Francoeur was disappearing behind some doors.

The Doctor assured me that he will do everything to safe him. But he needed an answer to his one question, "What is he to you?" Raoul answered with a simple,"Friend". Charles help us a card with the same word. Now everyone's eyes were on me, "And for you Madame?"

I looked at him, "...he is the man I love."

For the next four days, Francoeur didn't wake up from his coma. Although the doctor assures me that he was stable.

By that time, the professor had returned to Paris. His assistant waited at his home, informing about the current situation. The doc inspected his equipment, as well as the empty bottles, "Charles, give this to Raoul." Handing the monkey a card, he ran all the way to the hospital. Raoul stayed by my side, while I slept in the waiting room. I hardly had the strength to sleep the last few days. To fear of losing Francoeur was too great. In secret, Raoul demanded from a nurse some pills, mixing it into my tea.

Charles found us quickly, passing on the information. The man understood, writing his reply on the backside, "Return this buddy. This is very important." The monkey stroked my hair lightly, before leaving the building. Raoul's answer was indeed important. The professor came back with Charles, holding a bag, "Where is he?"

"Upstairs, why?"

The doc showed Raoul a piece of paper, "He won't wake up and the portions have completely shut down his body system."

"So what can we do?"

He showed him a bottle, "What he drank has to leave his body. This is the quickest option." In his lab, he mixed up something that works like laxative...only faster."

And it worked indeed.

The doctor allowed me to sleep in the same room as Francoeur, keeping him company. He however felt sick. Constantly throwing up was even for him terrible. But the fact that it was there, made it for him bearable. With hugs and singing songs, I could comfort him for the time being.