-13-

As the painting opened, we saw the one and only Neville Longbottom all beat up standing in the dark corridor smiling at us.

"Neville," Harry exclaimed looking shocked, "You look..."

"Like hell, I reckon," Neville replied casually looking back at me with a guilty facial expression, "This is nothing, though. Seamus is worse."

I examined Neville's open wounds on his face and wrists. Must have been Carrows' doing. I'd be wrong if I thought that the Carrows would be gone from school by now. The thought of every student being in this condition, even more brutal, made my blood boil. Tonight was the time we'd finally put an end to this and bring back the happiness this school brings to many.

Neville kneeled down looking at the four of us in awe, "Hey, Ab, we've got a couple more coming through."

Aberforth came forward and nodded at Neville and finally left the rest of us alone.

"Let's get moving," I clapped my hands together and held out my hand to Neville so he'd help me up to the mystery corridor that was behind Ariana's painting. The two of us helped the three friends and closed the door behind us. I looked around to see it was just a cave. I shivered a bit when the coldness of the humidity touched my skin.

"I don't remember this on the Marauder's Map," Ron said amazed looking around the cave as well.

"It's because it never existed till now," Neville answered lighting his wand to lead our way forward, "The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now."

So this must have been the secret passageway everyone was so worked up about. I didn't even know the secret passages have been sealed off. How much of what was going on did I also not know of?

"I reckon, this is your stupid passageway you were so worked up about," I mumbled to myself a bit annoyed remembering the fight that broke down between me and the club.

Neville remained silent. He obviously had heard what I said and didn't know how to respond. Must have been a real shock to find out that the person they trusted least went off to save Harry Potter: the one they were close friends with. Never judge a person based solely on one bad thing.

"How has Snape been doing?" I asked trying to get rid of the awkwardness. Even Potter and his friends were intrigued by the bad aura that surrounded me and Neville.

"Like always, Hardly ever see him," Neville responded turning back to face Harry, "But you Harry need to watch out for the Carrows most."

"Carrows?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow.

"A cute pair of siblings who are in charge of our discipline and Dark Arts," I responded instead of Neville, "Who I'm assuming also caused some damage to you too Longbottom."

"Catching up pretty quick as always, I see," Neville noted, "Those two love punishment."

"Why'd they do that to you?" Hermione chimed in with a worried tone.

"Today's Dark Arts lessons had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse..." Neville's voice died down, "...on the first years. I refused."

I looked at the three with disgusted/ shocked faces. They must have never thought about what was happening within the walls of the castle.

"See, Hogwarts isn't the same anymore," I said with a sigh, "Now, you can't trust and cannot be trusted. Even the ones you think are the closest."

I burned holes in the back of Neville's head. He of all people must have understood what I meant. I mean, after all, he was one of the people who didn't trust me enough to tell something as vital as this secret passageway. They only used me for my knowledge and skills.