-2-

"What are we waiting for? Run for it," I whispered and started sprinting to the right toward the man. I didn't know where he went as he turned right on the corner behind a small building.

As we approached the building the old man turned behind, and we saw light flicker behind the wall. I slowed my steps and started walking slowly toward where the light was coming from. I slowly looked around the corner and saw a staircase going down where an old man was standing. The staircase was blocked by a black fence which suddenly opened to us. I looked at the man and saw him standing there with a wand in his hand in a fighting stance.

"Who are you, kids?" Aberforth asked in a harsh tone, "Are you with them Death Eaters?"

"No, we are here to talk to you about a few things," I answered coldly.

"Doesn't seem convincing," he said in a monotonous voice, "What's your names?"

"Leila Faustus," Leila introduced herself, "And this is Y/N L/N."

"Never heard of you two," Aberforth replied and tried to go through a small door that led to what I would assume was his house.

"Perhaps you would know Neville Longbottom then," I said hurriedly in order not to lose the man, "We are working with him and he told us to talk to you about something. I promise we are nothing but acquaintances to you."

Aberforth stopped and looked back at me. It seems like he knew who Neville was, so it was a relief.

"Longbottom you say?" he asked rhetorically, "Then come in, quick."

We quickly ran down the stairs and went through the door into a small but cozy house.

"I'm guessing you need my help," Aberforth started, "And to that request, I say no."

"Please, sir, the school is going to the abyss," Leila protested, "At least you could aid us with food and first aid. The hospital is closed down and there is no food in the whole castle."

"I figured that much out missy, but did you really come all the way here just for that?" Aberforth asked and sat down on the nearest chair.

"We also need your help to get a secret pathway from Hogwarts directly to here," Leila sighed.

Wait, hold on just a minute. I didn't know about this.

"Wait, why don't I know about this?" I asked quickly.

"I could get you a pathway, but what for?" Aberforth questioned with his arms crossed.

"Don't ignore my question," I raised my voice a little.

"Neville told me to ask, I don't know why or for what reason," Leila responded looking back at me, "Ginny told him to ask us to ask Mr. Dumbledore about this."

"Keeping secrets within yourselves, eh?" Aberforth said sarcastically, "I assume you were also given a word combination before getting sent here."

"That would be 'sherbet lemon', sir," Leila responded quickly.

What in the Merlin's beard was going on? First, I don't know why we are looking for Dumbledore's brother, then I find out I need a secret passageway and now there is a secret code to this whole thing? I was getting left out of the whole situation and didn't like it one bit. Was it because they didn't trust me enough to tell me what was going on?

I then looked at Aberforth to see him thinking about something. He was sure taking his sweet time deciding on whether he should help us or not.

"Tell Longbottom, or Weasley, or whoever that is in charge to look for a big painting in the Room of Requirements on the wall. You might not find it at first but you will if you say the name of the one, I care for most," the old man said, "Now scram."