-16-

As weeks passed, it felt more realistic that Draco would do what needed to be done. I woke up sweating, thinking he had finished the job and left for good. As if at any given moment he would disappear from my grasp. He would disappear and so would the precious memories and moments we made together. I wasn't ready for that. So, I lied. I lied to myself to the point I believed none of this bullshit existed in the first place. I had lost all sense of reality and rational thinking. But then again, I would get brought back to life when I saw his empty, sad, and euphoric eyes. It was a reminder that the horrid reality was still there, along with Draco being gone at any moment.

So, I promised myself to make most of what we had left. Have most conversations and try to get along better. Try and make him smile from time to time, make him feel cared about and safe. I followed him everywhere he went, and even if he took me to the end of the world, I'd still go. To me, he was just a lost boy; all alone and terrified of himself.

Secrets I have held in my heart are harder to hide than I thought. I couldn't muster up the courage to talk about what I knew about him. I couldn't tell him how I truly felt about him. I obtained an obsession: an obsession for someone that some call 'love'. I said I'd enjoy all of our conversations, but I fell in love with him, which was now torture. Not a moment passed that I wouldn't think about one good thing we talked about. One moment didn't pass without me thinking about how to make him stay with me. I knew he couldn't be mine, and I knew I wouldn't want to be his. It would be destructive for both of us.

But as of now, we were lying on the cold stone floor of the astronomy tower gazing at the ceiling. It had become our place, the place where it had all begun. This was the place where both of us were most vulnerable to each other. This place made us feel at home together.

"Say Y/N," Draco said shifting his gaze from the ceiling toward me, "Do you believe in the saying 'right person, wrong time?"

"Yeah, I think I do," I responded looking back at him, "Actually, no."

"Why'd you change your mind?" He asked looking back at me with his sad eyes.

"Well, if it's the right person, anytime should do, right? If you found the right person, then you always cross paths, don't you?" I replied with a sigh, "If you found your person then no matter how much time passes you should wait for them to come back."

"Yeah, but what if..." Draco started then closed his eyes, "What if it feels like you won't be able to ever see them again? What if it seems impossible to find your way back to that right person?"

I couldn't answer that. He was right. It felt like he asked this question specifically about us but I couldn't tell. What if we really went our separate ways and never found our way back to each other ever again? Would I ever be able to care for someone like this again? Would I be able to trust someone as much as I did Draco? All of this was short to end. If Draco was destined to be standing next to Voldemort, would it even be possible to see each other again? You can't say if all of this had an end to it or not, you just had to hope and wish for all of this to end.

'I see," Draco shrugged then sat up looking back at me, "Would you wait for me?"

For him, I would wait an eternity.

But why would I find the need to? Why would he go? Why would he leave? He wouldn't leave. He couldn't leave, we would stay like that forever. Under the roof of the astronomy tower dancing together forever. None of us would wait for each other. We are going to talk endlessly from dusk till dawn. We are still going to be able to

He wouldn't leave.

That would be my answer if I hadn't lied to myself so brutally.

"As if you are going anywhere," I chuckled light-heartedly, "Would you wait for me?"

"For you?" Draco asked looking deep into my eyes with his own, "I would wait an eternity."

And so, with that, we had four days left.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

a/n: thank you sm for reading, voting, and commenting, i love reading the comments bro, every time i read one i just cackle 😭 stay safe ly <3