Chapter 26

Naruto's POV

Never in my life would I have ever imagine a pain like this...

I have witnessed my dad disappearing from my charka, have felt the pain of Jiraiya's death, but to know that one of the best ninja's died because of illness is more tragic than anything I've ever faced.

Hinata is in distraught, she wasn't close to him, but he always told her "Good morning"... it's just too painful to say anything.

It's this hole in my life where Itachi Uchiha used to be in.

It's hard to get used to feeling like everything is over.

I just know Sasuke and Kakashi are having it worse than me.

Tears slowly left my face as I repeatedly read Itachi's letter... he was like an older brother to me too, so this hurts.

We inspired each other... we understood each other, and we both did everything to protect this village.

I WILL BECOME HOKAGE.... ITACHI-SAN!

Hinata: How are you feeling anata?

Naruto: I'm in shock, but I think I'll be okay... I'm just worried about Sasuke and Kakashi-sensei

Hinata: If you listen to what Itachi said... I think you'll be okay. After all you, Naruto Uzumaki are the light they need to guide them out of the darkness and despair. Sasuke-san and Kakashi-sensei are the same type of person... so wait for them Naruto-kun.

I gently rested my head on Hinata's lap and sighed as my mind traveled to my memories with Itachi... the good and the bad replayed in my mind over and over again.

I wonder how everyone else is taking it...

*flashback*

Naruto: Itachi how did you know that Kakashi was the one for you?

Itachi: Haha are you asking for Hinata?

Naruto: Oh well... I love her, but just because I love her doesn't mean she's the one you know...

Itachi: I'll tell you something my father told me... Humans will wither away all alone without others... I hope you find someone to soothe your pain. If Hinata is the one you want to be with when you're suffering alone in the dark then she's the one.

Naruto: WOW! Itachi-nii you're so smart arigatou!

I never understood what Itachi meant back then, but laying here now with Hinata, my heart is suddenly calm and no longer in pain.

Deidara's POV

Learning about the death of best friend isn't easy to take in...

I mean Itachi meant everything... sure I envied the talented asshole, but he was my best friend and without him I just don't feel right. I feel like I'm cheating on our friendship by being alive.

When Sasori and I got the letters, we kind of distanced ourselves from each other.... to grieve or so that's the excuse.

I haven't thought much about where we stood, it doesn't matter to me right now.

But sometimes I wonder if Sasori is the one.

Deidara: I really wish you were here Ita-chan

I slowly rolled out of bed and the old tear stains made my face feel rough...

I didn't feel like doing much of anything, I just wanted to crawl down a hole and wait for Itachi to return.

All that I have left of him is his crow... I know I'm supposed to activate it, so it can say Itachi's final words and disappear, but if I never activate it... it almost feels like Itachi never left.