Chapter 20

Itachi's POV

*Right before Itachi & Kakashi's break-up*

Itachi: I'm sick Naruto...

Naruto: Ne? You'll feel better after some sleep dattebayo!

Itachi: Naruto Uzumaki, I'm so grateful for you and right now I'm here to tell you that *starts to cry* I'm dying.

I didn't even have to look at Naruto to know how stunned his face was.

Naruto: ... gomen Itachi-nii *crying* I tried to keep my emotions hidden, but I can't help it... h-how much t-time do you have l-left?

Itachi: I-It was 2 years, but I've been telling e-everyone 2-4 years... t-to soften the b-blow...

Naruto: W-Wait... does S-Sasuke know?

Itachi: *calming down* N-Not yet, next is Obito and lastly Sasuke

Naruto: A-Arigatou for tellin-

I'm not close to Naruto as most people, but his happiness and warmth is what I needed, and I couldn't help my hug him as my warm tears fell down my face. I'm so glad Sasuke has him and Sakura because without Naruto and Sakura, he'd never be the same.

Naruto: I-It's okay Itachi-nii... I'm sure you've been fighting for so long so... Otsukare sama

As Naruto finished his sentence, I felt a sense of relief. It felt as if I could die right now everything would be okay...

It's almost as Naruto was my angel from heaven waiting for me.

Itachi: Arigatou Naruto-kun you have no idea how much that means to me... please continue to take care of Sasuke.

Naruto: You better believe it! Sasuke is stuck with me forever.

Naruto was smiling, but I knew he was dying on the inside... he didn't know me long, but his connection to me was almost like my connection to Sasuke.

I happily waved Naruto goodbye as I headed in the direction of "our" new home...

I miss him and I'll tell him how everything went today and maybe just maybe we can discuss our wedding plans... I'm so anxious and happy.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

I had plans to tell Kakashi my entire night, but within a flash everything I had was taken from me.

I had no idea that this is what I was coming home too... I had never seen Kakashi this bad before.

Maybe this is the world telling me that just because I'm dying doesn't mean I'll get the happy ending at the end of the novel.

The pain in my heart was real... losing love was like organ damage... can anyone really survive that kind of pain? It's like dying... but the only difference is that with death it ends, but this pain will go on forever.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

Did I really just break up with Kakashi? Did I really just throw away our entire relationship?

Ah I was so hurt that I said it out of impulse, but I didn't mean it... I couldn't have. I love him so much, but why do I feel so free and somehow happy?

Was our relationship suffocating us to death?

Was I suffocating us to death? It's because I'm sick, it's because I'm fucking dying, and I was so convinced that everything would be perfect.