Chapter 9

Itachi's POV

Why do I always run away from him? I'm so tired of running

I'm such a coward... I can never face him. If it's real I shouldn't walk away.

I should make things right... I just need to talk to someone first... He's my one and only savior...

Never in my life would I think to contact this person, but he is the only one I can think of.

Hopefully he can meet with me...

★·.·'¯'·.·★

I wasn't very far from the Hidden Mist Village, and I knew a certain someone was on a mission near there as well, so I was a bit hopeful. Maybe he won't come...

Why would he come? Not too long ago I was a criminal and traumatized his friends... Maybe it's not too late to turn back and go with Kakashi.

Unknown: I got to admit Uchiha Itachi, I never thought you'd talk to me about your problems

Itachi: You think you were my first choice? I just needed someone with your level of intelligence Shikamaru Nara...

Shikamaru: Such a drag.. but what is it? Is this about your off and on relationship between Kakashi and yourself?

I felt shivers down my back as he stated my dilemma in front of me.. for a smart guy he's very cruel *mental sob*

Itachi: I know you have no filter... but try to soften the blows please, it's hard enough to talk about, I don't need you to throw it in my face too.

Shikamaru: Tch. What a drag

Itachi: Well since you know about my relationship with Kakashi... uhm what do you think I should do?

Shikamaru: I think you're an idiot. I think Kakashi is an idiot. You two idiots are so in love with one another that you guys are placing you're fears into each other hence why you are here talking to me and not with Kakashi.

He really needs to soften these blows being thrown at me. He's right you know..

Itachi: What do you think I should do?

Shikamaru: Grow up and just be with him. Who cares if you're afraid? Face your fears together as a couple... I'm pretty sure that's what healthy couples are doing now. Don't run away anymore... you deserve to give yourself that much Itachi. You think you don't deserve happiness because of everything you've done, but if the person you love is willing to accept you regardless of your demons then that's all the reason to give it your all and be with them. Everyone gets scared Itachi, but when you love someone... like truly love someone then it's worth it. Well, I like to think it is. Kakashi is probably looking for you right now and here we are talking about what you should be doing while he's already doing that.

Itachi: Ouch... you didn't have to attack me like that, but I know. I know this is what I need to do, but for so long I devoted my life to everyone but myself... I've devoted my life to Sasuke... how can I just abandon him and find someone else... what if he still needs me...

Shikamaru: If he ever needs you then you know Sakura or Naruto will find you even if you were across the world. Live your life for you not for anyone else. Sasuke also lived his life for you and now look at him giving it his all to win Sakura's heart again. He's doing that for him not for you. You got this Itachi. I have no motivation to have another talk like this. I have to go or Ino will start screaming at me.

Itachi: Hey... I'm not sure if I should ask... but I haven't seen anyone ask you this... but when did you stop loving Ino? You two were perfect together... You two conquered your fears together and yet she's with Sai and you're with Temari.