Chapter 12

FIRST I'D LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR 158 VIEWS, 28 STARS AND 48 COMMENTS ON MY STORY!! YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

AS I MENTIONED BEFORE THESE NEXT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS WILL BE ABOUT THE SIDE CHARACTERS AND THEIR RELATIONSHIPS!!!!

SOME COUPLES YOU MAY PROBABLY NOT LIKE BUT OH WELL! DON'T GET ME WRONG I DO SHIP THE CANON COUPLES SO MUCH BUT WELL THESE ARE JUST COUPLES I KIND OF THOUGHT WOULD'VE HAPPENED!!

Shikamaru's POV

Maybe Itachi-san was right... He and I are oddly similar

I should tell Ino the truth before she truly falls in love with Sai.

I don't want to lose her...

I'm just terrified because what if she doesn't think we'll work out again....

I just want my girlfriend back... I don't want to be with Temari...

I'm still going to try regardless. I have to

I love her...

Or maybe

She's better off with Sai...

★·.·'¯'·.·★

After my heart awakening conversation with Itachi, I went back to our group, more confused, but somehow happier.

I had to tell her.

I had to give us one more chance.

I couldn't give up on us just yet... even if her heart no longer had room for me...

The day was close to ending by the time I came back to the group... I didn't quite explain why I left, but I probably should hav-

Ino: Mmmh where were you Shikamaru? This is no time to be flirting around. Gosh we can't go one mission without girls trying to talk to you. Who are you trying to be huh Sasuke-kun? You know what whatever do as you please... it's not like you'd listen to me anyways

Shikamaru: Ino... don't assume things about me because that's not what I was doing and what does Sasuke have to do with anything? When did she start saying Sasuke-kun again...?

Ino: Wouldn't put it pass you to cheat on Temari, we both know you're good at that. Always ignoring your girlfriend for other girls, even going on dates in BROAD daylight, but I'm sure she knows all of that.

Ouch Ino... if only I could tell her how wrong she is... I never meant to hurt you...

Choji: Ino just calm down. I saw Shikamaru talking to Itachi-san. Why would Shikamaru leave to talk to some troublesome girls? Temari would go crazy on him... she's kind of scary.

Ino: I-Itachi? WHY? SHIKAMARU ANSWER ME! and Choji don't defend his actions... and don't... never mind

Shikamaru: He wanted to ask me advice on what to do about his relationship with Kakashi-sensei... because they're in love with e-each other... I promise that's where I went Ino. I wouldn't just leave you like that.

I slowly caressed the side of face, she's even more beautiful than before.

Ino: *blushing* Shi-Shikamaru what are you d-doing? and mmmh that better be the only reason you left. I'll tell Temari if you were with some low chick.

Ino quickly pulled her face away from my touch, but her cheeks felt so warm, it was so nice to feel that again... I wanted more.

Choji: Sounds like you're jealous Ino... Sai won't like that.