Growing feelings??

" I really missed you." he said to me as we both laid in the grass. The same patch that we laid in as children. Our heads touched as the birds whistled and the fresh nature smell filled our noses.
" How was it with Jacob?" he asked me.
" It was really nice, I had a great time." I told him. He didn't say anything for a while.
" I'm glad you had a great time." he said. I find it so funny how he fakes being happy.
" I know you didn't want me to have a good time, but I really did." I told him. " I really like this guy Malcolm. But I really love you."
No response.
" I do love you Malcolm. I will always love you as a friend but After everything that's happened so far I don't know if I love you in more than a friend way yet." He sat up then looked down at me. I sat up too so we would be at the same level. He took my hands and rubbed then between his own.
" Can I kiss you?" he asked. I was stunned by the question but to my surprise I nodded. He leaned in and kissed my lips. This time it was soft, even softer than the way Jacob kissed me. This moment was just about as close to heaven. The thought of kissing my best friend ran through my head. Kissing the one person I trusted in the world. He pulled away and stroked my cheek.
" I do love you more than just a friend." he said.
" I will always love you."

Hey." Malcolm said as he sat next to me on my door step. I was originally sitting alone just thinking and writing in my notebook. I closed it fast so he wouldn't spot my list.
" Hi." I said smiling sweetly. Of course he saw right through that.
" Something's wrong." he began. " You okay?"
" Yeah why wouldn't I be?"
" I don't know, your beloved Jacob's gone and your miserable without him." he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes letting him know I didn't care. " You need to learn to have fun without him. Possibly go back to having fun with me?"
" I do have fun with you, I just... I don't know." I shook my head and looked down.
" Come on." he said taking my hand. He held it as we walked down the street.
" Where are we going?" I asked him.
" Do you like surprises?"
" Depends on what category it falls under."
He laughed. " I'm sure you'll like this one." We walked down the street a little more then turned to see this....

Okay, you would think I would say. " A candle light dinner with flowers everywhere!" Or. " A picnic on the beach!" Well no. He took me to a basketball court. One of my favorite things to play.
" I know you love playing, so I thought this would cheer you up a bit." he said picking up the ball. He tossed it too me and I bounced it a few times. " I don't know, I thought maybe this would help you clear your mind."
I dribbled the ball then ran and shot it into the hoop.
" Nice shot." He said and I smiled. Not blushed...smiled. I don't blush around Malcolm. I hate blushing. He passed the ball back to me. I dribbled the ball a few times. He tried to block me from the hoop, but I managed to get around him and score.
" It's a shame cause I taught you how to play, and your beating me." he said wiping his forehead. I shook my head.
" Your letting me win!" I exclaimed and he laughed. I dribbled the ball then he blocked me as soon as I was about to shoot.
" How about now?" he asked getting smart.
" Shut up." I teased. I snatched the ball from him then dribbled it. He blocked me again then managed to pull my waist toward him trying to get the ball. I knew getting the ball wasn't in his intentions. He's just trying to get closer to me in a "more than just a friend" way. I stopped struggling because I realized he wasn't going for the ball anymore. He wanted me. He pulled me close from behind then pulled my hair away from my face. I titled my head because his hand was softly brushing my neck. I turned around quick to see his reaction. He had a smile on his face and he seemed calm. He pulled me close, and brushed my cheek looking deep into my eyes. He leaned in fast and kissed me. No...no not again. This cannot be happening again! He angled his head and pressed his hand on the back of my neck. This way I couldn't pull away as easily as I did the first time. I've kissed Malcolm many times before, and each kiss we share are different. The first was eagerness, the second was determined, the third was calm as if we didn't have to try hard, and this one was as if I may be smarting to grow feeling for him. " What about Jacob?" I thought. " I really like him too. But Malcolm..." I realized it had been at least thirty seconds that we've been kissing. I pushed him away and looked down breathing heavily. I still don't know how to kiss and breath at the same time, so I know my face is red.
" Malcolm." I began but he cut me off by hugging me tight.
" Don't say anything." he said into my hair. He hugged me close. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged back.
Just enjoy the weird moment while it lasts...

Yikes!
Comment and vote
Stay fabulous 😫😮😱