🖤🐇┆Cream┆Memories

⋆ LV20!Cross x Dream ⋆

Requested by poalay

I would like to note that this is my interpretation of LV20!Cross. It's mostly explained through the beginning of the chapter, but in summary:

XGaster used overwrite to take control over everyone in X-tale, but it didn't work on Cross so he used everyone else to try and kill him. In self defense, Cross killed everyone, unintentionally destroying the AU along with them. He blames himself and XGaster at the same time. Also, CC is still connected to him. :)

[ No POV ]
-----------------

  Cross was sat on the couch staring at the tv. His eyes were empty, besides his eyelights that were simply dots. The tv wasn't even on, just a black screen reflecting his blank stare.

   In his mind he saw his memories. Everyone he killed in his world before it destroyed itself. Sure, it was self defense, but he couldn't help blaming himself for it. He killed them all, after all.

   He heard their screams all over again, even from the ones he called family. It was because of that horrible overwrite button! If Gaster hadn't used it, then no one would have began attacking, he wouldn't have had to kill anyone. The fire like magic burning off him was frantic due to his guilt.

   Cross still didn't move, purple tears streaming from only one eye, which was his red one. And that's all that happened, it was the only sign that he was even conscious at all.

   He sat there alone for another few minute before the door opened and in came a shorter skeleton who wore a golden crown. He walked over to the couch and sad next to Cross, leaning into him. "What wrong?" He asked, letting his aura soak into him.

   Cross inhaled, holding that breath for a couple seconds before he sighed the exhale. "It's just the memories again." He answered calmly, wrapping an arm around Dream. Said skeleton hummed, "it's not your fault."

   "I know, but I can't help but blame myself anyway." Cross complained, leaning into the couch. "It's just— I could have prevented it." He said, "there were so many things I could have done differently."

   "You panicked and attacked in self-defense. There wasn't anything you could have done differently." Dream pointed out.

   "I could have tried reasoning." Cross protested.

   "We both know that reasoning would not have worked, their actions were being controlled." Dream countered.

   "..."

   Cross went silent, not having anymore excuses to use against himself. "I'm going to make some ramen, I'll be back in a moment." Dream told him before he stood up and walked to the kitchen. "Alright." Cross called after him.

   During the 10 minutes dream was cooking, Cross finally grabbed the remote and turned the tv on. He turned on a random show from Netflix, just something to pass time.

   When Dream came back, with two bowls, he sat back down and gave one bowl to Cross, who thanked him and ate quietly. Every now and then they'd make small talk.

『••✎••』

   After finishing their noodles, Dream took their bowels to the sink, then he came back and Cross gestured for him to sit on his lap, which he did.

   The fire-like magic burning off Cross was a lot calmer, indicating that he was feeling a lot better. The day flew by a lot faster than expected, it becoming dark really quickly, and both of them becoming tired with it.

   Eventually, Dream could barely keep his eyes open and passed out, leaving Cross with the same issue and praying out shortly after him.

   They laid comfortably on the couch together — well, Dream was comfortable, Cross wasn't — sleeping soundly.

«𖠌»
꧁ 613 words ꧂

✮ Dream belongs to Jokublog
✮ X-tale belongs to Jael Peñaloza/JAKEInimation
✮ LV20!Cross belongs to ?

✦ Another short oneshot, I apologize. I'm just trying to get through all the requests I have 🥰