Ch25.

A/N i was eating a banana and thought let's update 😭
Anyways read till the end there's some important i wanna talk about...

CHAPTER 25.

"Amiri." A small soft voice spoke from next to him, his head shot up, and he looked at Kayla who was sitting next to him in the hospital waiting room.

"Yes ?" His tone softened, he was still angry, but it was useless anger. Artist is dead, killed. He had no one to be angry at any more except for those who shot Kyrie, but he had no clue who that could be. The Kings or The Bloods or whoever that had bad blood with Artist.

"Is Kyrie going to be okay ?" Kayla asked.

"Yes she is going to be okay." Amiri nodded, which was true. Kyrie was still awake when she was rushed into the hospital, she was shot in her arm so Amiri wasn't worried about her life. She isn't in a critical condition, he was worried about her basketball career.

"I'm tired, and they are taking so long." Kayla sighed, Amiri patted his shoulder, and she took the invitation.

Another 30 minutes later, a doctor walked up to them.

"Is she okay ?" Kyrie's mother asked, she had dried tears on her face and Amiri felt guilty.

"She's okay, but the bullet moved to her elbow. We can't reach it, she needs surgery to get it out." The doctor said.

"Is that necessary ?" Mr Montana asked.

"Yes, we need to get it out. If the bullet touches a nerve she might never be able to use her arm again." The doctor nodded.

"Fuck." Amiri sat down, he knew the surgery and what comes after will risk her scholarship. School starts in a couple of weeks, she will never be fully healed.

Amiri once broke his elbow and he had to do 6 weeks in a cast and 3 more weeks at physical therapy to be able to move his arm again. He feared for Kyrie's basketball career.

"We have to inform her school." Kyrie's mother said.

"She is going to be crushed."

Amiri felt like shit, he felt like it was his fault.

"Hey kid." Kyrie's father called out causing Amiri to look up.

"Whatever you are thinking, shut it down. Get out of your head."

Amiri nodded, but he couldn't help it, he felt guilty.

While Kyrie was in surgery Amiri slept in the hallway, Kayla and Kyrie's mother left to get food while Mr Montana sat next to Amiri in the hallway.

He was nervous, the reaction of the school on the news earlier wasn't positive. They immediately told him they were going to send someone to the hospital to talk to Kyrie and he feared her daughter's heart might get broken when she gets out of surgery.

"They are going to drop her scholarship right ?" Amiri asked.

"I fear so."

A couple of hours later, Kyrie was out of surgery and awake. They were finally allowed to see her.

"Hey how are you feeling ?" Her father asked.