Ch8.

CHAPTER 8.

"They are so fucking sick for what they did." Amiri shook his head while the two sat down at the park down the street.

Kyrie stared down at the picknick table they were seated at, it was the same day but evening now. When she got home, her parents freaked out just like everyone else because they didn't understand why the school would put kids through that.

"Why did you come running to me ? You didn't know it was a drill, it could be another shooter. You went and risked your life." She looked at Amiri.

"When everyone got down to hide in that classroom, I ran to the door, you popped in my head and I couldn't stay there." He shook his head.

"Why ?" She frowned.

"I needed to make sure you were okay, so I ran to that gym. I needed to be with you."

"Kyrie I thought I was going to lose you, and if I lose you I will die." He added, staring into his eyes, she could tell that he was serious.

"You don't mean that." She shook her head nervously because of the stare he was giving her.

"I do tho." He chuckled.

She looked at him as he stared into the distance, looking at the kids playing on the playground swings.

"I like the black growing out of your head." She changed the subject, looking at the hair on his head.

"Thanks, I think I want to go back to black. Kinda done with the blonde." He ruffled the little curls on his head, and Kyrie smiled. He was handsome to her, she liked how he went his own way and didn't care what anyone thought about him coloring his hair or putting tattoos on his arms.

"And I'm definitely getting my neck tatted soon." He nodded, she looked at his neck, which was still blank from the tattoos. Both his arms were covered, and she could see the ink on his chest peaking.

"You are going all out, huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"You only live once." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Wrong." She said, he gave her a confused look.

"You only die once, but you live every day." She added, he chuckled at her.

"So I have a basketball game this weekend," Kyrie said while taking a sip from her ice coffee.

"I know." He nodded.

"How do you know? I didn't tell you." She frowned.

"I kinda asked your dad." He held a small smirk.

"You got the balls to ask him after your little dance in our living room ?" Her eyes widened.

"I got the big balls and the big stick in between." He nodded.

"Pfft." She put her pinky finger up.

"Oh, you wanna fight, huh?" He stood up, but she was faster.

"Come back here." Amiri laughed, running behind her through the park.

"Hey kid, do me a favor and trip that big dude." Kyrie pointed at Amiri while talking to a kid as she gave him a dollar.