Ch3.

CHAPTER 3

Kyrie stood behind a crouching Amiri as he cried watching his brother's casket getting lowered into the ground, she was confused at first because when they arrived there was no one here.

They were the only one, she wanted to ask why, but it was already a very hard day for Amiri, so she decided to just be his emotional support.

After he asked her to come with him to his brother's funeral she made a deal that he had to come with her to Nasir his funeral, he agreed. Even though there would be a lot of people for someone who is anti-social, Nasir was the star basketball player, but he wanted to be there for Kyrie since she's doing the same thing for him.

Amiri stood up, with his hands in his pocket. Kyrie stepped next to him, resting her hand on his back and rubbing it softly to keep him calm.

"You are going to be okay." She whispered, will it ever be okay ?

He sniffed, wiping his tears away before he nodded at the funeral director, it was time to say goodbye. They watched his brother getting buried and Kyrie wrapped her arms around Amiri taking him by surprise.

After a moment, his arms wrapped around her, and he kept her close.

They slowly made their way towards the car, Amiri glanced behind him towards his brother's grave from time to time, and Kyrie took notice.

"We can stay longer if you want." She said, but he shook his head, looking down at the ground, and continued walking to his car.

"Tell me what he was like." Kyrie said once they got in his car and he started driving.

"He was the total opposite of me." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Tell me, I want to know him." She said, and he smiled at her eagerness.

"He was very loud, very outgoing. But he was a pure soul, he would do anything for me." He chuckled thinking about his younger brother.

"He was loved by the ladies, very funny too." He added.

"You are funny, too." She smirked at him.

"I'm a weirdo, I don't fit in." He shook his head at her.

"I don't think you are a weirdo." She shrugged, and he eyed her, she looked back at him and shrugged again.

"You funny." He said.

"I'm being serious."

"Okay, so I'm not a weirdo ?" He turned to her, and she shook her head at him.

"And now ?" He made a silly face, causing her to burst out in laughter.

"I think you are funny, you make me laugh." She smiled.

"You the first one." He chuckled, Kyrie wondered why he would put himself down like that.

"Why do you think so low of herself ?" She asked, turning to him, he focused on the road.

"You never heard people talk about me ?" He raised his eyebrow at her.

"I don't focus on what other people say about someone else, I prefer to stay away from the whole gossip thing." She shrugged.