Chapter 10

When Jessica woke up the next morning she could feel someone's arm wrapped around her. She looked around and saw that it was Austin. They must have all fallen asleep during the movie. She carefully climbed out from under his arm and went to the bathroom. When she came back she found that Alice was no longer in the room. She grabbed her phone from where she had thrown it yesterday and called her.

  "Girl I woke up and you weren't here in the hotel room anymore where did you go?" Jessica asked when Alice answered.

  "Oh I was just running to the store to get some breakfast for the four of us before you and I head to the studio." Alice said.

  "Okay. Next time just let me know. I didn't appreciate waking up in a room with two guys and you just vanishing on me like that." Jessica said. She hung up the phone and walked back into the room to find that Austin had woken up now.

  "Oh I didn't realize I had stayed the night. I am sorry." Austin said as he started to get up.

  "No your fine. Alice just went to go get us all some breakfast." Jessica said as she went to the bed and sat beside him.

  "Oh that's cool. What time is it. I have to be back at the beach at twelve to work." Austin said picking up his phone.

  "Oh its only like nine. I set an alarm for early because I have to head to the studio and work on my dance some because I am changing the song and dance that I am doing because the new one is a lot more personal." Jessica said looking down at the locked that she was wearing.

  "Oh that's cool. So I have heard that every dance has a story behind it is that true?" Austin asked.

  "Yeah there is. My last one the story behind it was someone who was afraid of being left behind. This new one is more special especially to me. The meaning behind this one is the loss of someone's mother." Jessica felt Austin put his arm around her as a tear rolled down her cheek.

  "That is so special. I just know that this dance will be amazing. You are a talented dancer." Austin said pulling Jessica into a hug.

  "Thank you Austin. It means a lot." Jessica said to him as the door opened and Alice walked in.

  "Austin I left for ten minutes and now she is crying. What did you do." Alice said jokingly making Jessica laugh a little bit.

  "I didn't do anything I swear." Austin said. He didn't pull away from the hug and Jessica found herself smiling a little bit. She only just met him but maybe she was starting to like him.

  "Hey I am the only one who can make her cry. Come here." Alice said as she jumped on the bed. She tried to pull Jessica away from Austin but Austin tightened his grip on Jessica and pulled her away.

  "Hey why don't you go bug Jake who is still asleep in your bed and leave Austin alone. Also I am hungry what food did you get." Jessica said.

  "Of course your only thinking about food right now. I brought tacos and donuts. Don't eat all of the sprinkle donuts." Alice said as she went over to wake Jake up to get some breakfast.

  "I wasn't going to eat all of the sprinkle donuts. I was going to leave one or two of them for you." Jessica said as she grabbed a donut from the box and sat back on the bed. Austin did the same and sat back down beside her. After they ate Austin left the hotel with Jake and the girls changed into dance clothes and headed to the studio. They stayed there for hours working on the dance.

  "Okay I think you have it pretty much perfect. I don't think you can possible make it any more better." Alice said after Jessica ran through the dance one more time.

  "I guess your right. We have been here since like ten and it's already almost six. We should probably get back to the hotel for a bit. How about we go find the hotel pool and relax in the hot tub for a bit." Jessica said. Alice agreed and they were leaving the studio when they ran into Louise who was her way into the studio.

  "Aww thought you would improve your shit show of a dance. I don't think you can make that train wreck any better. I can't wait until the judges kick you out." Louise said laughing. Jessica started to walk away but she noticed Alice was not behind her so she grabbed Alice and pulled her away before Alice was able to do anything.

  "Hey why did you not let me hurt her. I didn't place in the competition with my duet anymore so I can't get in trouble. Maybe I could have gotten her kicked out for fighting." Alice said.

  "No. She can talk all she wants. When i beat her in this competition i will wipe that smug smile off her face." Jessica said as she pulled her back to the hotel. When they got there and up to their floor Jessica ran into their teacher.

  "Oh hey I was just looking for you two girls. Where have you two been all day. Everyone was going out to eat and wanted you two to go with them but when they tried to call or text you two you never answered." The coach told them.

  "Sorry we were at the studio working on my dance. Did you notify the judges of the song change?" Jessica asked. The coach nodded her head and walked away. Jessica pulled Alice into their room and she fell face first onto her bed. She laid there for a while until she started to fall asleep but Alice shook her.

  "Hey go take a shower and get ready for bed. Us going to the hot tub can wait because you are falling asleep laying there." Alice said. Jessica groggily got off the bed and walked to the bathroom. She showered and changed before climbing back into bed and going to sleep.