Chapter 23

A week passed by and the couple was living their life quite normally, no problems occurred and it was quite peaceful. There were few bickering here and there but nothing harmful. However, the peace was calm before the storm. And a big one at that.

Today the younger of the couple was going to meet his best friend Taemin at his place and was going to stay overnight much to the older's displeasure.

It was in the morning when they discussed this, Kibum in short explained his plans, "I will get to Uni in the morning and after that, in the afternoon I would straight go to Taemin's place and stay overnight."

As soon as the words, entered the older's ears, he frowned and asked, "So you are going from the afternoon and would be the next morning?"

"Yes." Kibum gave a slight nod and looked at Minho who looked a bit upset, he knew what was the problem but he wanted to stay with his friend, it was just for one day and night.

"So I have to stay all alone here?" Minho asked again in a grumbling tone.

"Yes. Minho. It's just for one night." Kibum said trying to convince Minho who kept frowning, actually, it was not exactly something he had to ask permission for but still since Minho is his husband and he didn't want to make the other worried, Kibum decided to tell Minho.

The older kept staring at the younger, somewhere in his heart he knew he was being bossy but still he couldn't help it, he didn't want Kibum to leave him. So finally said, "I don't allow it."

The words registered quickly and made Kibum's temper flare, "Who are you to not allow me?!" 

As soon as the words left his mouth, Kibum regretted it, and wanted to take it back, he said that without thinking, he got angry, he felt like Minho was controlling him but the next second he knew it was not something like that, however before he could apologize Minho retorted back, he too was someone with a bad temper, "Yeah I am no one to you! Go do whatever you want!"

After that they both just glared at each other, regretting the words they spoke, they both made a mistake and acknowledged it, they both had said something they shouldn't, the tension suddenly got thicker, they both opened and closed their mouth, again and again, wanting to speak but no daring to.

Five minutes of staring contest later, Minho sighed, "I am sorry Bummie. You can go - no - you should go. I shouldn't have stopped you from going out with your friends. You know Bummie, It's not that I wanted to stop you from having fun, It's just that I would feel lonely with you and I didn't want that."

Kibum rolled his eyes, "Don't address me so intimately, am I familiar with you?" He said back, he felt hurt when Minho said he was no one to him, however, the words he said were not something to hurt Minho or anger him. Knowing the mood, he playfully jabbed at him and Minho knew it.

Minho didn't retort and just looked at Kibum with a pampering expression. He knew that Kibum was not angry anymore, though he would still have a grudge for a while.

During the time they stayed together, they both bickered a lot and from it, Minho knew Kibum liked to hold grudges. and Kibum knew Minho was someone with a bad temper.

The younger looked at the wall clock, "I will get going then. It's getting late."

"Okay. Call me when you are free." Minho said as he saw Kibum walking away.

Kibum just gave a hum, indicating that he understood, it was low but Minho heard it and smiled, it was fun to see Kibum getting pouty, "His reactions are always cute." He said to himself.

Although both of them didn't exactly call a truce, they both knew this problem between them was solved.

***

It was late in the afternoon when Kibum and Taemin walked out of their campus, and Kibum saw a way too familiar car, the smile on his face vanished and turned into a frown. He turned to look at Taemin, "Tae wait here a second. I have something to do."

Taemin who was looking at his cellphone looked up and said, "Okay sure."

After that Kibum took long strides towards the car, his expression ugly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked his parents who were sitting in the car and rolled down the window to look at him.

"We have to talk." Mr. Kim said in a serious tone.

"It's better for you to get in the car." Mrs. Kim said.

Kibum got a bad feeling about this, he didn't want to get in but the look in their eyes said that if he didn't get in, something worse would happen. So he gave a nod, "Okay. Wait a minute. Let me go say bye to Taemin."

The couple shared a look and then gave a nod. Kibum ran back to where Taemin was and said, "Tae I think we have to cancel today's plan. Something came up and I have to go. Sorry."

Taemin furrowed his brows looking at Kibum's expression and said, "Okay Take care. If you need help, I am here okay?! And call me when you are free. "

Kibum nodded and said 'bye' before running towards the car, Taemin looked at his back and at the car, it was a bit far and he couldn't see whose car it was, the model was familiar but he couldn't recall where he has seen it or who owns it after all the model was common and almost every rich household has this car.

He could only see his friend getting into the car, a bad feeling rose in his heart, "What's with this odd feeling?"

Taemin kept thinking but didn't know, or couldn't name this feeling and let out a sigh before deciding to go back to his home.
________________
Hyun's Note:-

SO SORRY EVERYONE. I know I haven't been uploading a lot lately, but my college unexpectedly started and I am busy from morning to evening and when I come back home I am too tired to update, so I am saying that the updates will be on weekend. And if by chance not upload then, I will upload it on some other or the next weekend, Sorry and Thank you.