Chapter 20

Kibum skipped college the next day; he felt nauseous and weak throughout his body. However, Minho had to go to work. He has an important meeting to attend, and if he misses it, the company loses a lot of money.

Kibum sat in the living room, bored, changing channels constantly until he found something he liked.

He received a text just as he was about to change the channel once again. As he turned his phone on, he felt chills as he recognized the sender of the message.

Mother-in-law ~

Hi Kibum dear.

Today I want you to come to XXXX place at 3 pm.

I have something important to tell you.

Kibum~

Okay Mother.

When he read the text, his brows furrowed into a frown, that woman wasn't even asking him to come, she was straight out telling him. Kibum didn't like that, he didn't like her overall. At first, he thought she just has a cold persona but the day when she slapped Minho, it turned out that she was just a cruel woman.

Kibum did not want to go, he felt that if he went, nothing good would come, but then again, he had to go. If he didn't, who knows what she would do.

He saw the time on his phone, it was quarter to one, he checked the location on the phone and found out that this was near a mall, knowing that he had no proper clothes to wear, he decided he would go to the mall first, buy an outfit wear it there and then go meet that woman.

***

Kibum was in the mall, after half an hour of struggling, he found an outfit that he liked, although he wanted to look at more clothes, he knew that if wasted any more time, he would be late.

So he paid for that outfit and then wore it in the changing room.

When he was done, he looked at the time to find that it was already three, Kibum panicked, and started to go where he had to meet his mother-in-law. Luckily the place was only 10 minutes away and arrived quickly.

They were meeting in a Traditional Japanese-style restaurant where they would get a private room, so they could talk freely.

Kibum stood in front of the door, fixed his hair and straightened out the white shirt, and then knocked. A small 'come in' came from inside.

He took a deep breath and slid the door open. There he saw his other sitting, drinking juice and smiling at him. The smile instead of calming him down gave him goosebumps.

"Good afternoon. Mother." He said as he removed his shoes from the door and walked inside, sitting on the pillow.

Just as he sat down, the door opened and a waitress came in carrying their food.

Mrs. Choi smiled, "Since you were late, I decided to order first. Hope it's to your liking." Although she said it sweetly, Kibum knew that she was accusing him of being late.

"Thank you, mother." He said politely, smiling a bit.

When the waitress served the food and went out, Minho's mother, Mrs. Choi spoke out, "I will go straight to the point..." Kibum unconsciously straightened his back, and listened to her words, "I want you to tell me about everything Minho does."

***

Minho was sitting in his office, the meeting has just finished, he had secured a great project and if the company worked properly, he would get a great profit.

He closed his eyes, wanting to rest, he was tired, he thought about Kibum and a soft smile appeared on his face, thinking of him, he picked up his phone wanting to send him a text, asking what he was doing however he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in," He said, annoyed.

Jinyoung walked in, and after giving a polite nod, he said, "Boss, Your husband, Kibum's parents are here. They are waiting in the lobby."

Minho let out a sigh as he said, "Have them come here."

Jinyoung bowed politely and left to follow the orders. Minho brushed his face with his hands, he knew he had to deal with them sooner or later, but he didn't want to, they were the ones, who made Kibum suffer and he did not like it at all.

Soon, the middle-aged couple walked in through the door and Minho controlled the urge to sigh when he noticed that they didn't bother to even knock. He could see the slight shock in Jinyoung's eyes before it was gone.

"Good afternoon, Mother, Father." Minho smiled as he motioned for them to sit.

"Aigoo...Minho you don't have to be so polite. We just wanted to talk to you." Kibum's mother, said, laughing slightly.

Minho didn't beat around the bush and asked straightforwardly, "What did you want to talk about?"

Kibum's father opened his bag and removed a document, and it was all Minho needed to know what he wanted to talk about.

"Minho dear, I have this proposal for you. It's a great project, which would benefit you greatly. I wanted you to have a look at it and wanted to talk about it." Kibum's father said.

Minho once again resisted the urge to scoff, look at them, they did not once ask about their child instead all they wanted to talk about was some project, Minho controlled his anger and took the document from their hand, "I will look at it first. "
_______________
Author's Note:-

Please Vote and comment. That would be a great help. Thank you for reading.