Chapter 6

The next morning Kibum woke up in an unfamiliar room, he was confused at first, looking around he realized that he is in Minho's room.

Getting up from bed, Kibum walked out of the room, he then went to the living room, where he found Minho reading a newspaper, Kibum approached him, and hearing the footsteps Minho turned his head around.

Their eyes met, and Minho was the one to say, "Good morning."

Kibum smiled as he greeted back, "Good morning."

Sitting beside Minho, Kibum poured himself a glass of water, Minho kept the newspaper aside as he said, "Did you get good sleep? "

Kibum nodded, "Yes. What about you?"

"I slept fine."

They both sat in silence, which was a bit awkward, Kibum drank a few sips of water, moistening his throat as he said, "You should've woken me up."

Minho shook his head slightly as if disagreeing with what Kibum said, "I wanted to let you sleep a bit longer, yesterday must have been very tiring for you both physically and mentally."

Kibum felt his heart tinge at that, he smiled softly, "That- Thank you." After a pause, he asked, "Have eaten breakfast?"

Minho leaned back against the couch as he replied, "No. Emma is making it right now."

"Emma?" Kibum raised his brows, hearing the unfamiliar name.

At that moment, a middle-aged woman, dressed in simple yet nice clothing came from behind. Looking at her, Minho introduced, "Kibum, this is Emma, she has been the one to take care of me since I was young."

Kibum bowed politely to her, "Hello."

The woman gave a warm smile, "Hello, Master Kibum."

Minho then spoke up, "Emma you should've known but still, I am telling you, Kibum is my husband, I want you to treat him as you treat me."

Emma nodded respectfully, "Yes Of course Master Minho. "

After that Minho instructed, "Emma cook some breakfast for Kibum too."

Emma then turned to Kibum, "Master are you allergic to some food? If so tell me so whenever I cook food I'll make sure to not serve them."

Kibum thought about it for a bit then shook his head.

At that, Emma bowed once again, "Then I'll take my leave."

After she left, Minho got a call from his secretary, Jinyoung.

"Sir you have a meet at 12 in the noon."

"I know, prepare everything needed, make sure to not leave any details, this meeting is very important, work hard."

When he finished with this sentence, Minho ended the call, then he turned to Kibum, "You should take a bath, then we will have breakfast together then I have to leave for work."

Kibum nodded and got up from the couch, as he turned his back, Minho called out to him, "Kibum ah~ I am sorry."

Kibum was stunned, then he turned his head and looked at Minho who continued, "I know this is the first day of marriage yet still I am leaving for work, I am sorry."

"You don't need to apologize, I understand, Thank you for being so considerate of my feelings," Kibum said with a smile on his face, it was appropriate to say Kibum was really thankful, his parents never thought like this, they would not come home on his birthday, they wouldn't even come home when he was sick, they wouldn't even apologize for neglecting him, they felt giving money to him was already taking great care of him.

Thinking of all this made Kibum's heart heavy, he stopped thinking about this and went to take a shower, instead, he thought of Minho, who was considerate of him since the beginning, Kibum who before marriage thought that he would divorce Minho was now having second thoughts.

It was to say, that his heart already knew that divorcing Minho was a bad choice but still, Kibum thought he would wait for a bit before coming to a conclusion.

***

At the Dining table, Kibum and Minho sat face to face, while Emma served them their food, although the food was not fancy it still tasted great, it was fresh and delicious.

While they ate, Kibum decided to ask, "Since when do you think I can continue with college?"

Minho stopped eating and looked at Kibum, "I think you can continue from next week, this week paparazzi would follow you everywhere, you won't be able to attend lectures peacefully. I know it's going to boring at home, so you invite your friends if you want to."

Kibum carefully listened to Minho, then gave a nod in understanding, "Okay." He took a pause for a second before asking, "By the way when will you be back today?"

"Around 9 I guess," Minho answered simply.

However, Emma who was standing in the corner was shocked, It was a well-known fact that Minho was a workaholic, she knew that Minho was not the type to return home early, he would stay in the office till midnight if his work finished early, or till 2-3 at night if his work was unfinished. Sometimes he would not even come home

So to put it in short, Emma never saw Minho in the evening, he would come home late and she leaves at 9 in the evening, so in the past few years, Emma would cook Minho breakfast in the morning only, it was told to her that breakfast was the only meal she has to prepare.

But now seeing Minho say that he would come home early, made her smile. She has seen Minho grow up, she knew Minho was not always like this, he was a bright child, energetic beyond words with fighting spirits that no one could match. But as he grew up, she came to find out he was smiling less and less and his fighting spirit, his energy, his time all was invested in his work only, and no relationship, this hurt her heart but she couldn't say anything as she couldn't cross her boundary.

Kibum smiled hearing that Minho would come home early, "Then if you want I can cook you something nice."

Minho also smiled hearing this, "Then I look forward to it."

With this, the atmosphere in the dining room was calm and peaceful, with three people smiling.
_______________
Author's Note:

So actually I was supposed to update daily, but something came up and I wasn't able to, Sorry. I'll try my best from now on. Also this chapter is unedited, so forgive me for the mistakes in the vocabulary, I will edit it later when I get time.