Chapter 7

After breakfast, Minho went to his office, since Kibum had to stay home all day long he decided to help Emma with the dishes. Emma was shocked, she at first thought that since Kibum was from a wealthy family he would not know simple household chores, moreover he would give her many orders, and treat her like a servant, and truthfully she was fine with all that since she was  just a maid who also happened to be Minho's nanny.

But when Kibum helped her, she scolded herself in her heart, for being prejudiced, it was wrong of her to judge someone for their origin. Emma now raised Kibum in her heart, now she thought highly of him. She was feeling that Kibum was a good choice for Minho.

Emma wanted Kibum to go back and rest, but Kibum insisted that he should help since he had nothing better to do anyway.

As two people were doing dishes, it was done very quickly. When the dishes were done, Kibum went back to his room and Emma to hers. Minho had given her a room so that she can rest when she was not called for.

After Kibum went to his and Minho's room, he lay on the bed, thinking about various things. After a while, his phone rang, it was his best friend Taemin.

"Hello," Kibum said as he answered the call.

"Hey. Where are you? Why didn't you come today for the lecture?"

"If I had come, the paparazzi would've eaten me alive."

"That's true. So..............."

"Where are you?" Kibum asked as he looked at the wall clock, it showed it was 1 in the afternoon.

"I am home. By the way, when will you be able to leave your house?"

"In a week, although the paparazzi would probably follow me for a month or so. But it would not be to that extent, I guess"

"That's great. That means from next week you would attend lectures right?"

"Yeah. Taemin, are you free right now?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Can you come to my place? I am so bored. There is nothing to do."

"Your place? You are talking about Minho's place aren't you?"

"Yeah well since I am married to him and am living here, isn't it considered my place too?"

"Technically yes. Anyway, send me the address I would come over to. I have a lot of things to ask you anyway."

"Okay. I'll send it to you."

With this, the call ended. Kibum sent his address to Taemin first then after thinking about it, he decided to tell Minho.

Kibum~

Hey, Um...my friend Taemin is coming over,

I thought to tell you about this.

Kibum truthfully didn't expect a reply anytime soon and was going to keep his phone but then a message popped up on his screen.

Minho~

Okay. Tell Emma if you need anything. I have to go to a meeting

now so I won't be able to reply to your text. Take care, Bye.

A smile appeared on Kibum's face as he read the text, he reread it a few times, before keeping his phone away.

He went out of this room and called Emma over, "Emma my friend is coming so I want you to prepare lunch for him too, thank you."

Emma bowed and went into the kitchen to start preparing the lunch.

Kibum was once again going back to his room, when the doorbell rang, he knew that Taemin wouldn't come so fast, so he wondered who it was actually.

When he opened the door, he met with a new yet familiar face. It was Minho's mom. She walked inside as if it was her own home, she sat down on the couch while Kibum closed the door and followed her inside.

He had a strange feeling in his heart, like something bad was going to happen. He has nervousness building inside his stomach as he walked into the living room and sat in front of Minho's mother.

He bowed slightly to show respect, "Good afternoon, Aunty."

"Aunty?" Minho's mother, raised her brow as she repeated the word.

"Then Ma'am?" Kibum suggested.

Minho's mother scoffed slightly as she said, "The correct term should be Mother or Mom, since you are married to Minho, I would technically be your mother-in-law but calling me that would not sound nice. So it should be Mother or Mom."

As she said this in a cold voice which was similar to his own mother, a chill ran down his spine however Kibum was not weak, he straightened his back as he asked, "Then Mother, what brings you here?"

Minho's mother leaned back on the couch, "Since my son married when I was not present, I wanted to look at what his husband looked like."

In his mind, Kibum thought, You should know a lot about me though since I am pretty sure, you were the one who picked me for Minho.

Kibum is not the type to judge others, but looking at the way and adding 2 and 2, he knew that Minho's mother was not different from his own, they both never cared about their children and only thought about themselves. And Kibum was not fond of people like this.

Controlling his emotions, Kibum smiled, "You shouldn't have come by yourself, you could've called me and I would have visited you."

Seeing him being polite, Minho's mother smiled in satisfaction.

______________
Author's Note:-

Hey dear readers, this chapter I was supposed to upload yesterday but die ti internet issues I couldn't so here it is.