11: The Truth is Out

"Taehyung I don't think this is the way to go. We already told Hyejin we wouldn't reveal her to the world, but you're thinking about doing it against her wishes." Jimin said. Jungkook left them to discuss while he went to the rooftop to talk to Hyejin.

"I know Jimin but how else will we get them to leave us and Hyejin alone? If they know the truth then maybe they'll calm down."

"The keyword there is maybe Tae. We don't know what these people will think."

"But still...I want to help Noona. This is the only way I can do it,"

"Look. I know you want to help her, we all do. But before you do something that she might hate you for, let's talk about this after school with everyone else. Okay?"

"Alright fine. But if there is no progress after everything then we'll come clean."

"Again, not up to you. Now let's get the two for class. I'm pretty sure Jungkook went to Hyejin,"

______________________________________________

On the rooftop, Hyejin was thinking about so many things when Jungkook popped up next to her. Startling her a bit in the process.

"Oh my gosh Jungkook.  Don't do that,"

"Oh sorry, I thought you would've heard me open the door. Anyways, how are you feeling?"

"Alright I guess. I know you guys are famous and all, but you'd think when you get to school, people would treat you normally."

"Well it's not all fun and games in reality. Now if it were a book, then hey maybe it will be."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just saying, if only they treated you guys like the rest of us then we wouldn't be in this problem."

"I wish that too sometimes but I've learned to push through it. Why? Because I know our real fans wouldn't do that and I want to see them again. Being idol has its' tough moments but I wouldn't change anything."

"You're right, I'm sorry Jungkook. I didn't think of how you guys feel about it, considering this is normal for you and you always deal with it being an idol."

"It's alright Hyejin. We can't always expect everyone to understand us unless they get to know us. Like you,"

"Yeah...so maybe that's what we need to do."

"What?"

"Maybe to lessen the chaos, you guys should hang out with other students. That way, maybe they'll understand that off stage, you're all really chill and would give you some space. No more 'eyes on you' or leaving stuff in your locker or even trying to get a picture of you guys every time."

"That might help. But with topics like these, I like to talk about it with the other members since it'll impact all of us somehow." 

"Yeah you're right. So I guess we'll wait til after school to discuss,"

Jungkook looked at Hyejin with a brotherly gaze. In the beginning when they first met, Jungkook didn't know what to think of Hyejin but now, he sees her as a sister as well. Even though she's older, he didn't feel that way when they'd talk. She'd treat him as if they were the same age, same with Jimin and the others. 

"There you are. Lunch is over, let's get to class." Taehyung said at the door with Jimin as Jungkook and Hyejin followed.

______________________________________________

The rest of the school day was still chaotic. Every chance the fans got, meaning every time the bell rang, they're somehow waiting at the door to ask or say something to the maknae line. Hyejin changed her routine, instead of being the last, she was the fourth to last. She made sure to leave before the others do so that way she avoids the fans and also the crowd of all students leaving the classroom.