5: Saved

Hyejin woke up to see both her arms marked, covered in blood. They felt numb and she felt tired. Looking around, it was still daylight so she knew it must've been a short while since she passed out. Listening out for her dad, she slowly got herself up by pushing herself against the cabinets.

Looking around, she didn't see him nor hear him. Hoping he left, she went straight to the bathroom. Wanting to clean herself, she tried to move her arms but she had no energy to do it. Do I have to leave it like this?

As she stepped out the bathroom, loud banging was heard from her front door. Freezing in her spot, in case her dad appears, she didn't want to answer it.

"Hyejin open up!" She couldn't recognize the voice but didn't want to answer. Instead, she slowly made her way downstairs and looked into the peephole. It was Taehyung and the others. What are they doing here? They can't be here.

She backed up slowly only to bump into something behind her.

"Hyejin. Who's at the door?"

Freezing up and slowly turning around, her dad was still there.

"I don't know." She answered softly, loud enough for him to hear.

"Hyejin! I know you're in there! Open please!" Taehyung yelled again. Jimin and the others were trying to calm him down but he wouldn't listen.

"I'll deal with this. Go back in the kitchen." Hyejin hesitated and froze. She didn't want anymore cuts. No more hurting. When her dad noticed her lack of movement, his anger began to rise.

"Did you not hear what I said? I said to go to the kitchen!" He yelled, not caring if the others heard outside. Hyejin ran to the kitchen, worried of what is to come.

He straightened himself up and opened the door. Before he could greet them, Taehyung bursted into the house.

"Hyejin! Where are you?"

"Excuse me young man, you're trespassing. You're not allowed in here!" He grabbed his shoulder but Taehyung shook it off.

"Yah! Tae! Come back out here! That was very rude and impolite of you to do!" Jin said with his stern voice but Taehyung ignored him. He heard what the dad said and went straight for the kitchen. Before he could stop him, Taehyung found her. Sprawled out on the ground with her arms showing.

"Hyejin!" He knelt down next to her and felt her forehead. She was burning up and not waking up. Taehyung picked her up bridal style and shown himself and her, to everyone. The members gasped at the sight and her dad went stiff.

"Hyejin! What happened?!"

"I was about to take her to the doctor myself. If you'd give her to me," He held his arms out but Taehyung ignored and made his way to the door. Taehyung looked to the others, "Save her."

They understood what needed to be done. They let Taehyung go first to the car with the others following closely behind. Yoongi told her dad, "We'll take her. We can meet you there sir."

"Okay." He closed the door and screamed, sound of glass breaking was heard. Yoongi smirked as he caught up with the others and got in the van.

______________________________________________

Hyejin woke up but this time, not to see her kitchen. She saw Jimin and his friends seated around the room. Wanting to sit up only to see both her arms were wrapped, she winced in pain catching everyone's attention.

"Hyejin!" Taehyung was the first one next to you, he held your hand gently and looked at you with a worried expression. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"No I'm alright Tae." He froze a bit, hearing her say that nickname again. It felt foreign yet familiar coming from her.

"Hyejin you need to tell us what happened for us to help you." Namjoon stepped up with Jin next to him. She looked downward, too ashamed to say anything. But if she wanted out, she needed to talk.

"Hyejin please. We want to help you." Jungkook pleaded who was crying so much.

"Jungkook you remind me of my little brother. He'd cry when I wouldn't let him help me...so I guess I'll tell you everything." Taehyung felt sad and happy at the same time, knowing she still thinks about him but doesn't know he's right there.

"Before I do, where is my dad?"

"I don't think he'll be coming to see you." Yoongi said.

"Did the cops take him?" She said with hope but to her dismay, Yoongi shook his head. "Just answer this one question first. Did he do that to you?" Yoongi directed to her arms. Letting out a sigh, she nodded her head. Some already knew that was the case but they were still shocked of the answer.

"How can a father do that to their own child?" Hoseok asked to no one in particular. He felt sorry for the girl, now knowing she's being hurt.

"How long has this been going on Hyejin?" Jimin asked quietly.

"The cutting started today..."

"But...?"

"He's been hitting me since my mom and little brother left..so 10 years."

Yoongi slammed his fist against the small coffee table, startling everyone. "10 f****ing years Hyejin and you did nothing for yourself?!"

"What the hell was I supposed to do? No one listened to me when I came to them, no one would or will care about me, and no one wants me!"

"But why did your mom and little brother leave you behind?"

"I chose to be..." Hyejin began to cry as she told them about her past. "I saved my mom and little brother. My dad had a knife in his hands and pointed it towards my mom. I had her take Tae and leave, I wanted them safe. Better me than them."

"Tae?" Jimin asked as he kept an eye on Taehyung who went stiff.

"Yes, my little brother's name is Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."