32: The Question

"This will only be a 10 minute press conference, so questions are limited. After they speak, we are allowing them to choose from the crowd who will ask the questions." BTS' manager said. 

"Thank you guys for coming on such short notice. Now, we know what you're all curious about so we'll get straight to the point," Yoongi started off.

"There is nothing going on between Hyejin and I," Jimin continued, "we are simply best friends. The picture is of us holding hands but as friends. We have a platonic friendship and we wouldn't have it any other way." Looking at Hyejin she smiled and agreed with Jimin.

"As for Hyejin and I, there is nothing going on as well. We are friends as well so there is nothing wrong with holding hands. The person that had taken the photos is aware of the consequences coming their way."

"We will not disclose who the culprit was but know they will not be working again in this industry anytime soon." Jimin continued.

The three looked at their manager, "Alright. Now who has questions?" Yoongi picked first.

"So Hyejin, how do you feel about Jimin?"

"That he is a best friend. Just like the other guys. We've all became good friends and I wouldn't have it any other way." 

Hyejin picked someone next. "So then how do you feel about Yoongi?" She wasn't sure to answer truthfully or not but remembering what Yoongi said, "Just as I said and Yoongi has said, we are friends. Best friends."

"But that doesn't clarify if you like him or not." 

No one answered then it was Jimin's turn to pick, looking in the crowd he was going to pick someone but then Yoongi raised his hand. So Jimin picked him, causing confusion to everyone.

"It looks like hyung has a question, so ask away."

Yoongi held Hyejin's hand and stood up, "Hyejin. I've been wanting to ask you this question and I was going to earlier but then things occurred. So, will you be my girlfriend?"

Cameras were pulled out, flashes began to appear, but everyone's ears were listening hard. 

"Yes."

Flashes appeared more rapidly and a lot brighter, commotion broke out and their manager had to calm them down. While some bodyguards escorted the three down from the stage, to be greeted by the other members.

"I can't believe it Noona! You're finally dating!" Taehyung gave her a big hug and Hyejin simply giggled.

"Congrats you guys!" It went around and they were happy for the new couple. "That was very smooth of you hyung, to ask her during the conference. Jimin did you know he was going to?" Jungkook asked.

"I had a feeling, I thought it was weird too but remember, today's plan was to help him ask her out. So I figured since things didn't go as planned, he was doing it then."

"Wow, Jimin you're so smart!" Namjoon said, praising his dongsaeng, but then Jin had to make a joke. "If only he was also smart during our RUN episodes." Laughter broke out and everyone just felt better. 

______________________________________________

After the press conference, an article was released by HYBE to let everyone know and support the new couple. Everyone was at their lounge area, simply hanging out when it was released. Hyejin was the first to read it. She felt relieved with a little bit of worry. 

Yoongi peered over her shoulder, checking if she was okay. Most of the comments were good, nothing too bad to both of their reliefs. "So how do you feel about coming out?" He gently placed his hand on top of her phone so she'd put it down.

"I'm okay I think. It's still surreal to me. Yesterday we were friends and today we're a couple. To the whole world."

"I know, it's kind of like us when we got big one day. It's surreal but it'll sink in. And hey, you have us okay? You're not in this alone." He assured Hyejin who felt better, seeing the other guys listening in on their conversation and agreeing.

"Thank you Yoongi, Tae, and the rest of you. Honestly, I can't believe this is my life now. If you asked me when we first met where I'd be, I would not have said I'd be here. I'd probably still be in that old house or dead."

"Well I'm glad I followed you that day I first saw you." Taehyung confessed surprising Hyejin, but then she gave him a hug when he finished. 

"I'm so thankful for you, I can't believe you recognized me after 10 years. I just had a feeling you looked familiar but I wouldn't have thought you were my little brother."

"Well what can I say? I'm amazing."

"But seriously guys, I'm lucky to have met you." Jin placed his hands over his heart, then walked over to give her a hug. Then Hoseok joined, Namjoon followed, and soon enough it was a big group hug.

"Aren't you guys the sweetest!" They broke out of the hug to see BTS' manager. "So big news, we have so many people who are supporting you two! They couldn't be any happier for Yoongi and Hyejin. Also, since they're the new 'it' couple, searches on Yoongi have gone through the roofs, resulting in new ARMY."

Everyone cheered and applauded for the great news. "Now, onto business. You guys need to now focus on your career more than ever. We will be having one last tour before your vacation."

This was news to Hyejin so she looked over to Taehyung, "Oh Noona, I haven't told you. So after this tour, we'll be going on a break. I'm not saying we're breaking up, but it's more of a long vacation. We'll still be doing projects as groups or individuals, BTS is still here, we just won't be as active."

"Yeah jagiya, we'll be working on our solo albums." Yoongi came from behind and hugged her. 

"Oh then that's good to hear. I'm sure the fans will love it, to hear more work from each one of you."

"So that also means you need to work on your portfolio. I'm sure the fans would love to see your designs." Jimin joined in and Hyejin smiled. Looking around, she knew things would get better from here with the help from Yoongi and her friends.