12: The Couch

"So what happened in there?" Yoongi asked Hyejin who joined him on the couch. "Nothing, we were just doing some homework is all."

Yoongi changed his position on the couch so that he was facing her, she noticed and did the same.

"Okay. So Hyejin, now that you're in your last year of high school, what do you plan on doing when you graduate?"

"I'm not sure yet. Honestly, while I was at my old house, I always thought I was going to die before I graduated. So I never really thought about it."

"Really? You didn't even think of a 'what if' scenario?"

"Nope. I had no faith,"

"Dang girl and I thought I was the pessimistic one." Hyejin looked down and chuckled at his remark and Yoongi looked at her. Part of her hair moved and fell down as she chuckled and instinctively, Yoongi reached his hand out to push it behind her ear. He didn't realize what he'd done until it was too late. Hyejin's cheeks were red then Yoongi felt his face getting hot. But neither one moved from their spot.

He was slowly becoming aware of his feelings towards her but knew he couldn't do anything, at least not yet. "We're home~" Hoseok greeted and scaring the two so they immediately adjusted themselves on the couch. Yoongi moved to the other end and sat straight, whereas Hyejin curled and held her knees, hiding her face in them.

"Oh what happened to you two? Why are you sitting far away Yoongi? Hyejin won't bite," Namjoon teased and walked to his room to change.

______________________________________________

Dinner was quiet as usual, since everyone chose to eat than talk. Hyejin joined them for dinner seeing as she was already hanging out there. After the couch incident, Yoongi and Hyejin didn't discuss it. They were both still awkward about it and Hyejin didn't know how to take it. She's never experienced things like that nor has she heard from others. Considering she's had no friends until BTS came along.

After dinner, Hyejin stayed to help Jin while the others went to the living room. "So Hyejin, I want to apologize but I heard bits of what you and the maknae's were talking about. So everything is okay?"

"Yeah they, we are all fine."

"That's good. Now remember, if there is anything you need to discuss you know that we're here for you."

"I know and thank you Jin. We actually have something to talk about later with the group when we're done here."

"Alright so let's hurry then."

______________________________________________

"The girls at your school are crazy." Hoseok said once Jungkook finished explaining what happened throughout the day.

"It wasn't like this when we first attended. I think it got more crazy after the articles about Hyejin came out." Jimin said.

"I'm sorry that my existence has disturbed your high school life. But just to let you know, my life has also been disturbed okay."

"Hyejin you know we don't mean it like that,"

"I know. I'm just messing with you." Hyejin teased.

"Your humor has gotten darker lately," Jin pointed out and Hyejin shrugged. "So Hyejin came up with the idea that we hang out with other students. So that they can get to know us better and maybe back off,"

"I can see that but it could go the other way. They'd want to hang out with you more," Namjoon said as he was writing down the idea on a notepad.

"It's better than Taehyung's idea," Jimin blurted out which Taehyung didn't want to be shared. "What was it Tae?" Hyejin said as her and the others were waiting.

"Um it was a stupid idea. But...I was thinking we should share with the school of your true identity. Then maybe they would stop asking questions and leave us alone."

Hyejin had a blank face and the hyung line all had serious faces, including Jungkook. "I'm glad you know it was a stupid idea Tae. We won't discuss that idea anymore,"

"But don't you think it'd be better than hiding? Noona, you've been hiding your whole life and now that you're out, you're back to hiding again." 

"Who said I was hiding? Taehyung. I'm really controlling myself right now because I don't want to say anything wrong. But please understand, I never hid. I was held hostage by a maniac so called 'dad'. I tried to get out but no one came."

"I'm sorry Noona, I was out of line. I'm just trying to say, that telling the truth might be better."

"Yes, the truth is good. But right now, I'm still not comfortable with it so no truth yet."

"Alright Noona,"

"Anyways, as of right now, I think all we can do is ask Bang PD if we can get the school to calm the students down. That will be for the best," Namjoon said and the others agreed.

"Yeah that works for me, so tomorrow I think I'll walk on my own to school. We can still hang out during school since we've been doing that before the articles came out," Hyejin said but Yoongi was quick to reject the first sentence.

"It's still not safe for you. We don't even know who came to your house that night."

"Oh my god! I just remembered Noona, you said you found out what the card said,"

"Oh yeah! After the articles and stuff I completely forgot about it." Hyejin pulled out her phone and opened her recent photos. She laid her phone down to show everyone.

xx-xxx-xxx

"A phone number? Do we call it?" Jungkook rhetorically asked. 

"I say give it to the police. It's more suspicious that it's a blank card with a phone number on there." Jin said and Namjoon agreed with him.

"Well let's first give it to Bang PD. I told him about it so let's get his thoughts." Hyejin said and the rest agreed. 

"I'll call him to ask if he has time tomorrow after your school. That way we can pick you guys up from there and then head to the office." Namjoon said as he got up to make the call in the kitchen.

"I won't ride with you guys though. I'll meet you all at the building," 

"Don't worry Hyejin, I'll pick you up. I have something to do in the afternoon," Yoongi casually said as he stood up to go to the kitchen as well. Hoseok and Jin gave each other a look and began to snicker. Jungkook and Jimin were grinning at Hyejin but she was clueless. Taehyung was smiling with no care in the world...deep down he hopes the two get together.

Hyejin didn't understand anything so she brushed it off and began to play on her phone.