9: Coming Out

"You want to do what? Are you guys crazy! I can't do that."

"It's not bad Noona. We won't disclose your name or any personal information. We won't even show your face. This is so reporters who do catch us hanging out won't come up with a crazy scandal."

"But I don't want to be put out to the public like that Tae. I'm not prepared..."

"We'll help you Hyejin, don't worry." Yoongi cut in as he and the others could sense Hyejin was getting worried. "Can we talk about this later? It doesn't have to happen so soon does it?" 

They looked at their manager and Bang PD who shook their heads. "I'm sorry Noona but we have to. Reporters already have pictures of all of us hanging out and our manager got lucky to prevent a story being leaked."

"Oh my goodness Taehyung. I told you that we should've been careful to begin with!"

"I know I know and I'm sorry! But that's why we're trying to fix it."

Silence was heard on the other line. "Noona? Are you there?" More silence. Hyejin was listing all the pros and cons which wasn't helpful. "Noona!" 

"What?"

"So what do you say? Is it okay?"

"Fine."

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! We will come see you and talk to you later! I love you,"

"Yeah yeah." Taehyung hung up and was very thankful to his sister for agreeing. Although he and the others didn't entirely think of how she'd feel.

______________________________________________

"I can't believe this is happening." It didn't take long for articles on top of articles to come out with the news and pictures of all of them hanging out. As Taehyung said, they blurred her face out in all the pictures. Although she has a feeling the fans will hunt her down until they find her.

Considering some comments weren't nice on the articles, Hyejin wasn't too worried. She's dealt with worse in her life. A knock came to her door followed by a voice, "Noona, we're here."

She opened the door to see all the members in face masks and hats. "What's with the disguise? Everyone already knows what you look like. Plus all the articles are out about me."

"Yes that's true but they don't know where you live so we'll keep doing this so they don't recognize us." Jin said as each member took off their 'disguise' and placed them down on the kitchen island.

"So did you watch our live?" Jimin asked and Hyejin shook her head as she was pouring herself a glass of juice. "Why not Noona?" Taehyung asked.

"Well I don't know how to use the phone yet."

"You've had it for like a month now. How do you still not know?" Namjoon asked.

"Well that's it. I've had it for a month and within this month so many things have happened that I don't have the motivation or the need to explore everything on the phone." Hyejin didn't raise her voice but they could tell by her tone she was tense or stressed about something.

"Noona are you okay?"

"Honestly, no. I'm still not comfortable with the idea that I'm out there. We all know your crazy fans will find me. Not only that, they can expose the truth about my past. I mean come on, Tae. You've been an idol for awhile now and it's only now that your fans learn about my existence? They'll think something is up."

"Even if that's the case you shouldn't care about it. If they put it out there then it's only speculations and rumors. Nothing is true unless we say so." Taehyung tried to reassure her but it didn't help.