15: Changes and Trouble

After having the meeting with Bang PD, there was a change in the students when the maknae line stepped foot on campus.

"I wonder what Bang PD-nim said. No one has come up to us," Jungkook said as the other three noticed as well. Since Hyejin woke up late and they were all going to run late, she rode with them to school.

"Let's wait until we get inside. Maybe your fans are waiting there?" Hyejin said as she went ahead first. But once she stepped inside, there were no groups of girls waiting. Only students going about and some running to their classes.

The maknae line came in shortly after and felt relieved to not see the fans. "Whatever he did, he's amazing." Jimin said as he caught up to Hyejin. He knew he could freely talk to her now with no worries. The other two caught up as well at her locker.

"I'm guessing no fans means we can all publicly walk to class together?" Hyejin said as she closed her locker.

The four made their way to class and before stepping in, they saw their classmates talking amongst themselves. Once Taehyung stepped in first, no one looked over. Not to him, not to Jimin and Jungkook.

They sat in their seats and looked around, it was as if the maknae line was invisible. The guys didn't give it a second thought but Hyejin thought it was weird. I understand giving space, but completely ignoring them is what they didn't want. 

Class ended quickly and smoothly. Jimin stood up and someone accidentally bumped into him, then everyone froze. They didn't look over but it was as if they were listening. 

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's alright, no worries." Jimin gave his classmate a smile but they didn't look at him. They continued on out of the room and so did everyone else. "Okay, please tell me you guys know that's not normal right?" Hyejin said and Taehyung and Jungkook nodded.

"You guys need to know what Bang PD said to the principal and what he said to the students. I'm sure the principal communicated with the students via email so we should ask someone. After we talk to Bang PD though."

______________________________________________

Throughout the day it was the same thing. The maknae line didn't like being entirely ignored and they knew they didn't ask for it. So somehow, somewhere there is a misunderstanding. Lunch time came and the four friends were at the rooftop eating.

"It's so weird being ignored. I can't get used to it," Jungkook said with his mouth full. "You can say that again. I love the space but not even a glance? It's like we're being punished." Jimin continued on and Taehyung was silently nodding as he was eating.

Hyejin knew how it felt, for three years, so she had no say in the conversation as the others are new to it. "Are you okay Noona? You haven't really touched your food,"

"I guess I'm not that hungry." The others weren't sure how to respond so they continued to eat. They assumed she was still tired from lack of sleep.

After lunch, they all went down and Hyejin went to the bathroom so the others went ahead. She was about done in the bathroom but then someone came in. 

"I swear. I can't believe the principal forced us to ignore them. All because of Hyejin. It makes no sense. If anything she's the one who should leave! She doesn't belong here, no one's liked her before and no will now." A girl said as she was fixing her hair. 

Once Hyejin heard her name, she picked up her feet so the girl wouldn't know someone was listening. 

"Not even that, the reason! If we look at them then we get expelled. I mean who does that? I understand the reason of the maknae wanting space but adding the part about Hyejin requesting it? I mean who does she think she is to ask the principal to do that." Another girl spoke and from what Hyejin could see between the crack, there were three girls.

"If anything, she's just trying to hog them. Which is not cool. You know what we should do, post this online. Anonymously of course. Tell the world of what Hyejin is doing; keeping the BTS maknae line hostage. That sounds good."

"I'm in. Let's do it after school, meet at your house?"

"Okay, let's go." 

Hyejin waited until she heard the door close to come out of hiding. She knew people didn't like her because she's been hanging out with the guys but not this much. As she was drying her hands from washing, someone came back in and Hyejin looked down to see her shoes and then she began to panic.

This is one of the girls who was talking about me.

Trying not to act suspicious, Hyejin made her way out but before she could the other two girls came in, holding the door open but blocking it.

"Hey when did you come in here?" Hyejin didn't know what to say so she pushed the two girls and made a run for her classroom. Without turning around, she knew they were following her. Somehow, she beat them and ran in the classroom. 

"Well it's nice of you to join us Hyejin. I will see you in detention," Some people snickered and stifled a laugh.

"I'm sorry," She quickly made her way to her desk and Taehyung gave her a worried look. He began to write something on his paper and showed her.

What happened? You were gone for awhile.

I'll explain after class.

Jimin and Jungkook were too busy playing around behind the siblings they didn't notice the teacher watching them.

"Excuse me. Jimin and Jungkook, since you two are playing in my class I assume you understand what is on the board?"

Hyejin and Taehyung wanted to turn around to see their facial expressions but knew not too. They tried hard to hold their laugh, but Taehyung had to act as if he was coughing. But it didn't go unnoticed by the teacher. "You three gentlemen have earned yourselves detention as well."

It might seem like a bad thing but to the maknae line, it was nice to not get special treatment. That was probably why this teacher was their favorite. Class went by quickly and Hyejin was thanking the three for getting themselves into detention. Although she knows it's not on purpose.

"Well Noona, it's another first but for all of us." 

They made their way out of the classroom and the same three girls were waiting. Hyejin made eye contact with them but looked away immediately, "Hyejin. Can we talk?"

She grabbed Jimin who was standing next to her, hoping he understood that she didn't want to talk. "I'm sorry girls but we all have to go to detention right now,"

"Okay Jimin oppa. Hyejin we'll talk to you later."

They all watched them leave the school building and then they made their way to the detention room.