Chapter 23

Author Note : discretion is advised, contains graphic scenes of violence.

I was in my room, laying on my bed when I felt his presence.

Suddenly, my covers were thrown away from me and before I could react my hands were forced on top of my head.

I gasped as I stood face to face with him.

He wasn't painted, at least not completely, he had just this long red smile.

I tried phasing, but I just couldn't.

"Well, that position is familiar," he said laughing, making me feel sick as he stood on top of me forcing his weight on me.

I began to tear up.

"Oh, don't cry dear, let me kiss it better," he grinned and started kissing my neck.

I couldn't do anything. I struggled beneath him and just cried.

He only laughed and bit me hard.
I gasped in pain.

"That's it, cry for me, little one," he said and I kicked him with my legs.

He quickly slapped me furiously.

"What do think you think you are doing, little Kathryn? Your mum is gonna be mad when I tell her how bad you were, or you can be good for me now and I won't tell her," he said with that smirk and I spit on his face.
He groaned in disgust.

"So be it," he said and forced my legs open.

"No! Stop!" I screamed, but he put his arm on my mouth and I shot up awake.

I checked my surroundings, he was gone.

Only Rogue who was sleeping peacefully on her bed.

I heard that ringing noise in my head, and my heart was beating like crazy, making me close my ears, wishing for quiet, but it only got louder.

That's when I noticed that I was hyperventilating.

I hugged my knees and tried to calm down my breathing.

It's okay, he is gone, he is in the past.

He is dead, he can't hurt me anymore.

-Time Skip-

By the time I had calmed down, it was already 5:30 in the morning. I should be used to these nightmares. He lays me a visit every time I close my eyes. No need for him to haunt me during the day as well.

I shrugged off all my previous thoughts and worries.

Time to start the day.

I always woke up a bit earlier than everyone else to have breakfast in silence.

I walked into the small kitchen and smiled as I saw Logan sitting at his usual spot on the sofa, at the end of the room, reading his newspaper.

"Morning," I greeted and he turned to me.

"Morning half-pint," he said and got back on reading.

I sat at my favorite spot on the table, which was close to the sofa.

I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and began eating.

Just because I changed my diet doesn't mean I won't be eating an apple every morning, old habits can't be stopped that easily.

After my moment with Logan last month, he spoke to the professor and found a specialist to make me a special diet to reintroduce meat in my everyday life.