Chapter 15

Today was a new day and a new training session as well.

It was stimulation training where we were supposed to rescue a person that was held captive inside, in the middle of the night.

Even though it wasn't really night, it was only 5:30 in the morning.

Evan and I were supposed to take down the guards.

I phased up through the floor right behind the female guard tapping her shoulder and she turned around alarmed.

Before she could even react, I sprayed her with a knock-out gas and she immediately fell unconscious to the ground.

Logan's idea wasn't that bad after all.

"North perimeter secure," I said through the communicator.

Now we were only waiting for Evan to do his part so we can get on with the plan.

That holographic lesson was very realistic. It feels like we are actually invading a real building.

"This guy is catching Z's, I mean, south perimeter secure," Evan said through the communicator and I sat down waiting for further orders.

"Alright Spyke, we are getting in," Scott said I played with my knives out of boredom.

"Which of you guys has been putting on weight? I can hardly hold you," Jean said and I laughed. They must be at the part where Jean is supposed to move them inside through the roof with her telekinesis.

"It's Nightcrawler, burgers seven days a week will do that to a fella," Scott and I giggled, it was true though.

"Ah the breakfast of a mutant," Kurt said and I smiled.

"Shadowcat, I need support," Jean said and I immediately stood up.

"On my way to you, Red," I said and climbed the roof. Being an Ex-Acrobat helped a lot around here.

I finally located Jean and walked up to her.

"I am here," I said but she didn't seem to hear me, she seemed to be struggling a lot. I decided not to say or do anything else, so I wouldn’t distract her.

Out of nowhere I felt something on my shoulder and soon noticed a hand on Jean’s shoulder as well.

She got scared and dropped Cyclops and Nightcrawler.

I quickly punched the person in the face hard and they fell down groaning in pain.

My attention was back at the boys, I could hear screaming and shouting.

What the hell was going on down there? 

I looked down to see.... Anne??

She was shooting at Scott and Kurt with Scott's optic blast.

Scott got shot and hit the ground.

"Stop the stimulation!" Scott yelled and the room turned back to the usual danger room.

We weren't on a roof no more. We were all on the ground, on the same level.

And soon the lights had brightened the whole room.

Then and only then did I realize that the person I had punched was Logan.

"I am so, so, sorry!" I said, my eyes widening.

"It's okay, you have a strong right hook by the way," he said grinning.

"Thank you, I guess," I said laughing awkwardly.