Chapter 20

We were on our way to the mountain and Scott was acting like a maniac.

We have been running nonstop for at least 30 minutes straight, under the merciless sun.

"Come on, let's pick it up! We are almost at the base!" Scott shouted to us.

A breathless Rogue ran next to me.

I could see sweat running down her forehead.

"What's wrong with him today?! He's worse than Logan!" She said tiredly.

"Say that again," I said between breaths as I moved a piece of my sticky hair out of my face, even though it was in a ponytail.

"The only thing he cares about is winning this thing!" I added.

I can't believe Scott is making us do this.

"Shit, if I pass out from dehydration, you are making Scott carry me!" Rogue yelled and I laughed.

"Sure thing," I reassured her.

"Ahh," we both stopped as we heard Kurt groan in pain from behind.

"Kurt?" Rogue asked.

"You, okay?" I asked as we walked to him.

"Yeah, yeah sorry, just a small pain on my right side," he said and me and Rogue shared look.

"Can someone tell me why mosquitos are the size of birds here?" Evan said as he reached us.

And we all looked at him blankly as he scratched his body, which it was full of red spots. mosquito bites.

"What's wrong guys?" He asked worriedly

I sighed.

"I told you we should have picked Logan," I muttered more to myself than anyone else.

It'll be a miracle if all of us get out of this alive.

"I am done, no more running," Rogue announced and sat on the ground.

"Guys? What are you doing?" Jean asked as she reached us.

"Rogue is dehydrated, Kurt has pain in his lower abdomen, Evan is getting attacked by gigantic mosquitoes and I am losing my patience with our dear leader," I said to her, crossing my arms.

"He is just excited and doesn't realize that you guys aren't, come on we can do it, together," she said and we all sigh together.

"Fine," we all said simultaneously to Jean.

"Come on, brother," I said to Kurt as I stayed behind with him, going slowly so Kurt wouldn't hurt himself.

Jean, Rogue and Evan passed us and ran up.

-Time Skip-

We successfully climbed up the first part of the mountain, but there was still a lot to come.

Kurt's pain was relieved and he climbed up to Scott with Evan.

I reached them and saw them talking with each other, but suddenly Kurt teleported and came back quickly.

"It's still there, we are very close," he said referring to the flag and I walked up to them.

"You said no powers! You made a deal in front of me!" I accused Scott and he placed an arm around me.

"Come on Kath, we just checked to see if the flag was still there, no biggie," he said and I pushed his arm away.

"You are doing exactly what you blamed Lance of! You are cheating!" I said and put a distance between him and me.