Chapter 3

Author Note : discretion is advised, contains graphic scenes of violence

The golden eyes belonged to a blue-skinned woman.

As her grip tightened around my neck, I felt my legs being lifted off the ground.

I had to act quickly.

I wrapped one arm around her hand at my throat and with the other I reached for the knife on my belt. I stabbed her in the arm and she let go with a yelp.

I fell to the ground and gasped.

"You little shit," she said as she pulled the knife out of her arm, which was completely unharmed.

She started walking towards me and I tried to run away, but she grabbed me violently by the hair and threw me to the ground. She kicked me hard in the stomach.

I cried out in pain and covered my stomach with my hands, which were now full of blood from my previous wound.

She put her arm on my face and I tried to fight off her touch. Her face was so close to mine.

"Now, now, Kathryn, relax. I am not going to hurt you," she said softly and laughed.

I glared at her and spat in her face.

She was caught off guard and whimpered in disgust.

She pulled me back by my hair and slammed my face on the ground.

"Hands off, Mystique!" I heard Logan's voice and saw the woman, Mystique, being thrown away from me.

He ran to me and helped me up.

"I'll take care of her, go, do not look back," he said, handing me my knife.
I nodded and started to run.

But let us just say that luck abandoned me today.

Out of nowhere the beast man appeared, blocking my way .

He back handed me and I fell against a tree.
I stabbed him in his leg and he cried out in pain.

He raised his hand with sharp claws and smashed it into my face.

I closed my eyes in fear and pain, I could smell the blood, I could feel it running down my cheek.

Slowly I opened my eyes and met his angry brown ones.

I grabbed the knife off his leg and stabbed him right in his left eye. He screamed out and reached for his eye, which was a bloody mess.

Without a second glance, I ran.

These people were crazy, dangerously crazy.

-Time Skip-

I went back to the orphanage and locked myself in the bathroom, took a needle and thread and started poking the needle into my skin and slowly stitching my wounds.

I bit my lips trying to be quiet, so I do not wake anyone up.

Silent tears ran down my cheeks as I looked in the bathroom mirror. My neck was bruised, I could see the tips of the woman's fingers. My stomach was bruised too, deep blue with splashed of yellow.

But worst of all were the three deep scars.

They started at my temple, went past my right eye, and ended next to my nose. They were deep and bloody red .

How am I supposed to cover that up?

I have covered scars before, but never this big and on my face.