Part 31

Mias POV:
I finished my shift at approximately 9pm, clocking out and almost collapsing into Rafe's car, throwing my phone onto the dashboard and closing my eyes.

'Are you tired baby?' He chuckled, rubbing my hand softly whilst we waited in the carpark for Kelce.

'So tired.' I yawned, opening my eyes and looking up at him.

He was plotting something. I always knew when there was something up with Rafe, and despite all of this Felix stuff, he seemed unusually calm. I didn't question it though, knowing that he trusted Kelce enough to keep his protectiveness away from my job.

'What's Kelce doing?' I asked, tilting my head so that I could look out of the side window.

'He's just grabbing some alcohol, he's coming over for a few drinks tonight.' He responded, moving his hand to my upper thigh.

'Well I'm going right to bed.' I smiled, taking his hand in mine and giving it a squeeze.

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, I'm so tired.' I laughed.

'When are you next working?' He asked.

'In 4 days, but I'll need 4 days to recover.' I responded.

'Well, I won't keep you up. But I'll sit with you until you fall asleep.' He smiled, holding me softly by the chin and giving me a kiss.

'You're acting really weird.' I said suspiciously, watching as Kelce walked excitedly towards the car, three bottles of alcohol in his hands.

Rafe didn't have time to reply, as Kelce opened the car door, cheering about the bottles of alcohol he had got a heavy discount on.

'Do you think I'm acting weird, Kelce?' Rafe asked his friend, starting the car and checking that the bottles were secure before driving away.

'No, why?' He asked, scrunching up his face.

'Mia thinks I'm acting weird.' 

'I think it's just because you've not beaten the shit out of anyone today.' He laughed.

'Not just yet.' He responded.

'Yeah, I guess you're back to normal.' I laughed, closing my eyes and letting myself fall asleep in his car.

'Don't fucking wake her up you prick.' Rafe muttered angrily, lifting me softly from the car and closing the door a little too hard behind him.

I opened my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck and letting him carry me inside, listening to him complaining about how loud Kelce had been, waking me up in the process.

'Nobody's home, they're all in Nassau and Sarah is probably fucking John B somewhere, so make yourself at home.' He said to his friend, walking me upstairs to his room and flipping on the light.

'Hey.' I smiled, giving him a little kiss on the nose before letting him lift me carefully down into bed.

'Hey gorgeous.' He responded, walking over to the window, opening it a crack before closing the curtains and blinds.

'How long until you come up to bed?' I pouted, taking off my uniform, ready to fall asleep in just my underwear.

'A few hours yet, it's only 10pm.' He laughed, sitting down besides me, rolling his eyes sarcastically as I pulled him under the covers with me.

'You promised you'd stay.' I whispered, moving up so that he could lay besides me, putting my head onto his chest and closing my eyes.

'I will princess, just try and fall asleep.' He said softly, running his hands through my hair, trying to send me to sleep as quickly as possible so that he could get back to Kelce.