Part 7

Mias POV:
I slept for hours, partly because my first time on weed had left me spaced out, partly because the guilt I felt from messing around with John B was eating me up inside. Rafe was nowhere to be seen, but I heard his hushed voice downstairs, speaking to his father. I made sure to make a noise getting out of bed, I'd walked in on private conversations before and that's how I ended up in this mess.

'Hey, Mia, there's a little bit of a problem.' Ward said, staring out of the window.

'What happened?'

'They'd only rescued half of the gold. We need to be the ones to get the rest, but they've got the drone.' He said, looking to the pile of gold in the corner of the room.

'Okay, but this needs to go.' I said, nervously taking a second glance at the gold.

'We know, Rafe's driving it to the landing strip tonight and it'll be on its way to Nassau half an hour later.' Ward replied, squeezing his son on the shoulder and leaving us alone.

I shook my head slowly, Rafe was still not making eye contact with me.

'Rafe Cameron do you know how dangerous that is?' I shouted, jumping up on the counter besides him so that he had to look at me. 

'You've done your part, now it's my turn.' He replied, squeezing my hand.

'Rafe this is so much worse than that I had to do.' I huffed, knowing that no matter what I said, his mind would not change.

'Mia, I'll be fine, I've got the easy part. I had to watch you kiss John B.' He chuckled, meeting my eyes.

'I don't wanna watch you die. That's 200 million dollars worth of gold you're gonna be driving casually through the cut, Rafe.' I explained.

He raised his eyebrows and I sighed, jumping down from the counter and walking past him. He grabbed my hand, stopping me in my tracks.

'I'll be gone an hour, and every minute I'm late, you can shoot me.' He smiled sarcastically.

'You're not funny.' I replied, really panicking.

John B and JJ knew how to handle a gun, and they were going to be even more mad now that they knew I'd lied to them, they'd not hesitate to shoot Rafe.

I shook my hand from him and left his house without another word, running straight past mine, and to Toppers.

I knocked on the door but got no reply.

'Topper? Are you here!' I shouted, walking around to the back of his house.

Nothing. I sighed, cursing under my breath and pulling out my phone, ignoring the texts from John B.

Me: where tf are you we need to speak

Topper: helping ur bf look for you.

Me: I need to speak to you about him and I can't if he's always listening 

Topper didn't reply, instead, I got a notification from Rafe that made me put my phone right back into my pocket.

Rafe: if you've got an issue, come to me. I don't want us falling out before tonight because it's gonna be big, okay? Stay where you are I'm coming to you

I began to walk to Barry's before remembering that Rafe could track my phone. I turned it off completely, so that he'd not see where I was going, and ran the last 5 minutes of the way. The door was already open and there were a few men I'd never met before sat on deckchairs outside.